Chapter 1

Inside Eggman's base that stood tall in the middle of the woods, Dr. Eggman himself walked through a long hallway with his hands behind his back. Two of Eggman's robots, Orbot, a red round-headed robot. And Cubot, a yellow robot with a cube-shaped head both followed at each side of their creator.

"I do so wonder if Metal Sonic will be able to succeed in his mission to gather the Chaos Emeralds today." Cubot droned curiously.

"That's if he doesn't go haywire again, that robot is honestly turning crazier and crazier after every time the Doctor repairs him," Orbot replied.

"What are you two going on about?" Eggman questioned the two robots.

"Nothing," Cubot said.

"It better be," Eggman grumbled. "I know Metal's becoming a bit sentient as time passes, but he knows the consequences if he does a repeat of that time he locked me up to conquer the world for himself," he said to them.

"And the ironic bit was that Sonic still defeated him alongside Knuckles the Echidna and Tails the Fox," Orbot remarked as the trio entered the maintenance room.

Eggman stopped suddenly, having both Orbot and Cubot nearly bump into him as they first glanced up at him, then at each other in confusion.

"Doctor, why did you stop so suddenly?" Cubot asked.

"That blasted robot isn't here," Eggman answered. "I specifically told him to wait in here today!" he yelled angrily.

"Do you want us to go get Metal Sonic while you begin putting up the files on the Supercomputer?" Orbot suggested.

"Yes, and hurry, you know how much I hate to wait," Eggman replied before he walked towards his computer chair.

Orbot nodded before he and Cubot headed out of the maintenance room, the door opening until they were out and closed up behind them automatically.

"I hope Metal Sonic won't be hostile towards us, remember the last time?" Cubot shuddered.

"That was simply because we awoke him too early, and he just thinks himself above us considering he gets to go out and fight Sonic," Orbot replied.

The two robots stopped by a door that had Metal's name written in navy blue and all caps on it. Orbot approached the door and knocked on it. Nothing. Orbot and Cubot glanced at each other before Orbot tried again, this time knocking a bit louder. Still nothing.

"Metal Sonic! Get your lazy tailless rear up!" Orbot yelled.

"Don't irritate him Orbot!" Cubot said as he grabbed Orbot's arm.

"Something isn't right, he usually comes out when I yell those words to him," Orbot said. "Let's try this," he said while taking out a key card.

Orbot extended himself upwards towards the scanner set next to the door, swiped the key card over it before returning to his normal height. The door buzzed and slid upwards. Orbot and Cubot entered Metal's chamber, which was dark and empty as always with only a single outlet for Metal to recharge himself. Though once the two robots were in, all they could hear was snoring.

"Do you suppose Metal Sonic has a guest in here?" Cubot whispered to Orbot.

"The Doctor strictly forbid him from doing that since the incident with Breezie." Orbot reminded him.

"Then who's snoring?" Cubot asked him.

"I'm not sure," Orbot replied. "Metal Sonic?" he called out.

But the snoring continued.

"Metal Sonic, are you in here?" Cubot questioned loudly.

The snoring then stopped and the outline of a figure could be seen moving as it stood up on its feet, seeming to be looking in Orbot and Cubot's direction.