Prologue

Are you familiar with the show Awkward? With the awkward and aloof main character Jenna who whines about her privileged, and somewhat bemusing high school life on her blog?

 Well, my whining will be similar in a sense that I will try and make this story come off as light-hearted as possible. With as much snarky and sarcastic commentary that I can muster up to hide the obvious trauma I'd been through.

If you hadn't picked up on it until now--or you just ignored the description and jumped right in (first of all, kudos to you)--this story is 100 percent true. The dialogue may not be exact, due to these instances occurring in my high school years, but the overall meat of the story very much happened.

This also happens to be my first Wattpad story, though it is not my first written work. So if my style of writing is unusual to you, I hope that's a good enough explanation. 

I guess I should introduce myself now. Hi, I'm Melody--or Mel--and this is the story of the time I was groomed...

Sorry, that sounded like those TTI's they used to do on Disney channel... 

well, now you could probably figure out how old I am lol

...well, now you could probably figure out how old I am lol.