07. Stay, I Pray You

・゚* CHAPTER SEVEN
Stay, I Pray You
(Season 1, episode 3)

"How to go where
I have never gone before?"

"How to go where I have never gone before?"

ANYA LOOKED GOOD.

The fabric of the dress felt expensive. It was a gorgeous dark purple color with gold woven through the hem. The dress stopped right above her ankles and had a slit running up the left side that stopped halfway up her thigh.

More importantly, the neckline was high. It went all the way up her throat, covering her scars. The dress opened again right under her collarbone, revealing a plunging neckline.

Zemo had looked confused when she had requested something to cover her neck. He didn't ask any questions but Anya could tell he certainly had some.

Still, Anya loved the dress. It was sexy yet elegant at the same time and certainly the nicest thing she had ever worn. She had put her hair up, letting a few loose strands fall and frame her face and did her best to apply some makeup. Not bad.

The heels however, were something she would have to get used to.

Anya and the boys were walking down a long empty highway. It was dark and the lights from the city of Madripoor illuminated the street. Anya walked between Zemo and Bucky, taking in the sight in front of her.

"We have to do something about this," Sam groaned as he looked down at the flashy suit he was wearing. "I'm the only one who looks like a pimp."

"I think you look nice," Anya said. "It suits you."

"Only an American would assume a fashion-forward black man looks like a pimp," Zemo replied. "You look exactly like the man you're supposed to be playing. The sophisticated, charming African rake named Conrad Mack, aka the Smiling Tiger."

Zemo handed his phone to Sam to show him a photo of the man he was supposed to be playing. Sam scoffed.

"He even has a bad nickname." Sam rolled his eyes. "Hell, he does look like me though."

"Who am I supposed to be then?" Anya asked. "A conwoman? An assassin? Or am I just The Siren?"

"None of the above," Zemo shook his head. "If you were to be The Siren, you'd be dressed much differently. Besides, The Siren is supposed to be dead. That is why you don't have that amplifier of yours. You are to be my partner."

"Oh, like a business partner?" Anya nodded.

"Not exactly." Zemo replied.

Something seemed to click in Sam's head and he leaned over to look at Anya before turning back to Zemo.

"Now hold on a damn minute," he said. "You're making Anya your sugar baby?"

Anya had watched enough television to know what that meant.