Saccharine || CH.7

The mans eyes met his once more, a sweet glow emitting from his smile. His soft hair draining out the pattering rain.

"Wilbur.." The grey man spoke, his voice shattering into a thousand shards of sorrow. His plagued complexion mirroring that of death or war.

"Your name is Wilbur too?" The sweeter man muttered.

"No.. No- my name doesnt matter."

He tilted his head and moved his hand below his dusted chin, "I'll call you saccharine."

"Saccharine?"

"Sweet", the man smiled and brushed his thumb over his cheek unknowingly.

Schlatt moved his head away, nervous to face him, he was larger but smaller in every possible way, and he himself, was like Ares, cowardice, running from his fears and battling his consciousness. Yet still, his heart yearned for his warmth, his sweetness to repel his bitterness. Why was he saccharine, surely that was him. Not Wilbur.

Will moved his hand to the mans ears, fluffy, soft, they twitched in his hands and he chuckled, he must of done it subconsciously because the man had let out a small laugh in response before climbing to his feet.

Will looked up at him, if ghosts weren't vulnerable to water, his eyes would've teared up, but instead he reached a hand upwards, letting the man pull him up into his chest.

The sudden contact freezing time. A green glow seeped from the taller man, his head forcing itself backwards, his hands grasping onto the man infront of him.

"WILL!" He yelled, his ears falling back as the man collapsed in his arms, he looked to his hand, beneath his, he swore the color brightened but the room was dimly lit, he was seeing things.

He caught him in his arms and sighed as he looked up at him. "Why whatever i do, you're always in my arms?".

"Is it a bad thing?", he urged, already knowing the answer.

"No..", he muttered, "I'll always be here for you"

"I'll count on it" he beamed.

"What was that?" The ram pressed on, concern tieing knots in his throat. A sense of worry pulling at his heart.

"What was what?".

Schlatt shook his head, "What just happened."

"O- oh, something happened? I dont remember...". Will uttered looking at his feet.

"Of course you don't.". He sighed before sitting next to the man, listening to the rain fade away.

"I don't remember much, did i know you when I was alive?".

A little white lie. A sweet one, cant hurt anyone, right?.

"No."

"Were you a good guy?"

If I were you'd remember me. "Yes."

"I wish I'd have met you."

You did. "Same."

"What kind of things did you do?"

I killed Tubbo. "I helped a child redeem themself.". I ruined your country. "I ruled a country."

"Oo what country?"

"One you've never heard of, don't worry about it.".

1 white lie.

"Oh, im sure you were a great leader. Did you die for your country? An honorable death !"

No but you did...