CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN.

Liliya still couldn't sleep. She hadn't spoken to Kirigan since the morning they shared together and the nightmares had only seemed to grow worse. Morphing into much more gruesome images that left her staring up at her ceiling all night. She usually managed a few hours before she gave up but as midnight rolled around, Liliya couldn't stand staring at her ceiling for another night.

So she rolled out of bed and threw her nightdress onto the floor, walking over to the drawer. She grabbed a blouse and some loose fitting pants. The socks and boots were the last thing she grabbed before she headed out of the room. She tugged the boots on as she walked down the corridor, having them on by the time she reached the staircase.

The whole Little Palace was silent. It didn't seem that anyone was awake. Liliya was glad. She hadn't seen Genya in two days and Arina had been avoiding her. Kirigan had been busy. Zoya had returned and Ivan was still beating her up every morning. He still beat her and she was close to singeing his hair before he finally eased up.

The redhead walked towards one of the back-door and pushed it open, slipping out into the cold night air. It bit at her skin despite the warm season but it was refreshing. The fire had been burning in her room and it had only made sleeping difficult. She just hoped that some training before attempting to sleep would exhaust her enough. Stop her from having any more nightmares. They had never been this bad before.

Liliya walked through the training area before slipping into the room she usually went to with Ivan. She grabbed the matches from the closet and lit a few candles, using her abilities to light all the lanterns with a quick movement. The gloom was replaced with soft light as she dragged out the punching bag.

"Liya," The voice of Kirigan made her jump. His figure was shrouded in shadows by the door. The one part of the room that was the least lit. Her head turned and she smiled at him. Somewhere between hesitance and happiness.

"I'm sorry, General Kirigan. Did I disturb you?" Liliya asked quickly. Kirigan shook his head and stepped into the room, closing the door behind him.

"No. I saw you leave the Little Palace. I wanted to ensure you were safe," Kirigan explained. She nodded in response and rolled up the sleeves of her blouse a few times. A short-sleeved shirt may have been a better idea but she couldn't change it now.

"I am. I come here a lot. It's good placed to clear your head," Liliya explained as she moved into position. She then threw her first punch but when her fist collided with the bag, the pain shot up her arm. A cry of pain escaped her lips as she pulled her hand against her chest. Kirigan walked over quickly, the calm on his face was still evident but he reached out for her hand.

"What happened?" He asked as he examined her knuckles in the candlelight. She glanced at the punching bag.

"It was the bag, it felt like it was full of... I don't even know," Liliya muttered as he straightened her fingers out. A soft hiss escaping her lips as he did so. Kirigan frowned and dropped her hand, turning to the punching bag. He pressed his hand against it and sighed, "Someone must have changed it," She added. Kirigan nodded and then pushed it away from her.