CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

When Liliya finally found Genya, it took a while to finally drag her back to the hideout. Genya had been avoiding her which Liliya understood but she wanted to fix this. It was stupid and she loved Genya. Friend or otherwise. She loved her. Genya knew that and she loved her back. Genya just didn't know how to express it without letting her old feelings crawl back.

The door closed gently behind them and Liliya strolled over to the armchair before placing herself down. Her smile widened as she looked over at Genya. The redhead seemed unsure but tried her best to look relaxed. It was strange. Genya wasn't one to be uncomfortable. Liliya waited for a moment longer before she stood up and took Genya's hands.

"Don't look so apprehensive. I just missed talking to you," Liliya admitted softly as she pulled Genya further into the room. A smile spread across the younger girl's lips and she squeezed Liliya's hands before she pulled back.

"I missed talking to you as well," Genya admitted. Liliya grinned wider and turned on her heel. She moved to the armchair again and fell onto it. Her legs over one arm while her back pressed against the other arm of the chair. Genya looked at her for a moment before she moved onto the bed where Liliya could see her.

"I'm glad the feeling's mutual," Liliya mumbled before she pulled the pillow onto her lap. Her eyes fell closed as she buried her face in the pillow. Genya watched her for a minute and the smile only widened before she moved to pull her boots off.

"But I've heard plenty about you from Alina," Genya shrugged as she discarded the boots under the bed. She then crawled the rest of the way onto the bed and lay on her back. Her hands rested against her chest as she stared up at the ceiling.

"Oh? What has she said about me?" Liliya asked curiously as she moved off the armchair. She wanted to be close to Genya. After so long without seeing her, it only made Liliya feel more disconnected. She used her toes to push her boots off before she collapsed next to Genya. A smile appeared on her lips as she turned to face the other girl.

"The usual. You're amazing and sweet and powerful. She made a comment about your arse the other day," Genya chuckled. The amused look spreading across her face at the memory. Liliya rolled her eyes but found herself smiling even wider. She couldn't help it. Their plan was working which was exactly what she wanted.

"She's bold," Liliya commented. Genya shrugged and rolled onto her side so she was facing Liliya. The two stared at each other, looking into each other's eyes. It had been so long since they had been this close. It was strange to be like this again but Liliya wanted it. She had missed Genya's smile and presence.

"Only when she's comfortable," Genya informed. Liliya nodded in agreement and moved her hand to be a little closer to Genya's. The redhead seemed to want to move her hand but she stayed still for a moment.

"I suppose that's true," Liliya shrugged, letting her hand pull back. She took a deep breath and decided that she might as well bite the bullet, "Are you comfortable? Around me?" Liliya asked. She did want to know and the whole situation did make her worried that Genya wasn't comfortable any more but it seemed okay. Liliya just needed confirmation. If Genya went against her and Aleksander, everything could go wrong.