CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

A slow breathe escaped Liliya's lips as she closed her eyes. Taking a moment to debate what to do. If she kept up the act, she might convince the man to walk away. If she revealed herself she risked getting shot before she could even turn around. Liliya wasn't going to be herself. Now she had to be Lisenka.

"Please, please, what are you doing? I have not done anything," Liliya quickly began. Her words were full of fear, shaking as she lifted her hands above her head. The Shu ambassador scoffed and pressed the gun further into her back. A sneer on his lips, "Please, sir, I do not... I do not want anyone hurt," She begged softly. Letting her eyes water as she glanced back. The Shu ambassador shook his head.

"Walk with me and don't try and escape, Grisha," He hissed as he turned her. One hand on her arm as he pushed her across the terrace. Putting them both out of sight of the doorway. Liliya followed along, her bottom lip trembling and the tears beginning to fall. Putting on the best act she could, she needed him to doubt himself even for just a second.

"I am... I am not a Grisha, please, sir," Liliya begged. Turning around when he paused. She kept her hands up as she looked down at him. The tears running down her face as she stared into his eyes. They were a soft blue, like the ocean but in the gloomy night they seemed much more stormy. There was anger in them.

"My men do not make mistakes and you may have changed your hair but they know you," The ambassador threatened. Liliya knew that she was beat so she dropped her hands, her sleeve wiping her nose. Her fingers wiping the tears away. The ambassador seemed surprised by her willingness to give in but Liliya didn't feel like being pushed around. She had heard enough discrimination against Grisha for a lifetime and now she was going to let that anger out.

"So, what are you going to do? Kill me? You're the one that was hiding a Grisha. General Kirigan always gets what he wants," Liliya said as she stepped closer. The barrel of the gun was now pressed against her chest. She was slightly unsteady on the heels but she would not let her training go to waste.

"We would not h-" The ambassador began but Liliya grabbed the gun. She twisted his hand and the gun went off. Shooting a bullet into the night air. Literally did she know that the gun had quickly become engulfed in shadows. The sound being silenced in a second as the bullet dropped into the grass.

Her eyes widened and the ambassador managed to pull the gun back. She stumbled back slightly and threw her hands up, her gaze flicking across the terrace. The shadows meant that Kirigan was around, where was he. She let out a long breathe before looking back to the ambassador. The gun pointed at her again.

"Don't waste your bullets. This is bullet-proof," She spat. A lie. A complete and utter lie. She just hoped that he would fall for it. He stared at her and chuckled, gently shaking his head. The gun then went off and she was sure she was going to die. Her hands thrown in front of her face as a reflex but then she saw that the bullet was stopped by a wall of shadows.