Chapter 3: Tutoring Fights and Fun

Shawn Pov:

It's now been almost 3 months since Deon and Megan have popped up back in my life. It's been hella crazy since then. Fights are now very common around here and it's mostly white people against white people. Meet someone who changes your perspective, and now you're considered brainwashed.

There's been 3 fights this week. After combining schools associating with 'black' people is seen as 'evil', and dirty. You can get passed Hispanic and Asian as long as they, too, don't like Black people. There was people who'd hurt you for the fun of it, but god forbid, you hang out with someone who can put a smile on your face who is a different race, and it's suddenly a betrayal to them. I have to say, I really don't care what these white people think. I know I'm white but we can disagree with our own.

"Ay, Shawn!" Deon shouts from down the hall as he jogs towards me.

"What's up?" I smile at him, and do our hand shake.

"I'm headin over to Nana's now, you ridin with me?" Deon doesn't walk away until I give him an answer. I nod my head slowly and Deon is out the door.

I haven't been to Nana's in two weeks since my parents came home from their 'business' trip but now they left again so I'm alone at the house which means I'm stayin over Nana's.

"Oh, Shawn, there you are. I've been looking everywhere for you." I turn and see Jenny, a friend of Saydey's, speed walking towards me. I look at the watch on my wrist to check the time.

"I guess you found me. You need anything?" I ask her giving her my attention.

"Not really, just wanted to know if you we're going to hang out with us. Kyle, Saydey and a few others are going to the hangout. You want a ride? I got room in my-" I cut her off.

"I'll pass but thanks for thinking of me. I'm going to my Nana's." I say looking around the halls waiting on MG to come out of the locker room. Jenny scoffs, rolls her eyes, and crosses her arms.

"All you ever do is hang out with them now. What about us? Your real friends." She steps closer to me hopeful.

"Jenny-"

"I mean that woman isn't even your real grandma, she was just the maid that raised you." She scoffs.

"Exactly, she raised me. She was my mom, dad and grandma. And I know who my real friends are." I say completely uninterested in this conversation. I look at my watch, now getting impatient with Megan WHO IS TAKING A LONG TIME.

"They must have brainwashed you. You-you always hung out with us. Now that your 'friends' are here, you're different." I look up at her bored because since when were me and her friends?

"Are you done?" I stick my hands in my pockets. If she say no, I was going to-

"Hey! I'm sorry I'm late!" Megan jogs down the hall (with her bags) giggling. I watch it in slowmo as her chest bounces slightly, and smiles prettily . Okay, time to turn my attention somewhere else. I check my watch.

"Took you long enough." I squint my eyes at her.

"Boy, that hoe don't even work." She laughs as she rolls her eyes and hands me a bag.

"I like to act like I'm punctual."

"Wouldn't need to act if you were." She shoots back.

"Hello? It's like I'm not even here." Jenny waves her hands at us to get our attention.

"I thought you would have gotten the hint." I say as I grab Megan arm and head out the door. Jenny and her have met before, because of Saydey. To avenge Saydey and our breakup, she threw water at Megan; calling her all types of names for 'stealing' Saydey's boyfriend. But, Megan didn't let that slide as She gave Jenny her own natural lip plump. Guess white tears don't save everybody.