Chapter 2

Tonight was the Gathering and Fredca was sitting feeling more relaxed than before. She had washed the blood of her paws and no one saw her. She knew she had to come up with a plan to get rid of her shadow before it grew powerful. If only her father was here to help her. As the Gathering continued, Fredca began to feel something strange inside of her. She began to twitch and shake and it was starting to feel painful. She tried not to make any cats notice her.
"Fredca, are you alright," Whitewing asked, noticing Fredca acting strangely.
"I'm fine," Fredca said. But she wasn't really and the pain began to feel worse so much that she couldn't hide it anymore. She got up and walked out of the crowd. Nobody paid attention to her and she went behind a tree and sat down. The pain felt like something was inside of her, trying to rip itself out. It was her shadow. It's too soon, Fredca thought. The day didn't even end and her shadow was already coming. The pain got so bad that she let out a yowl. The whole Gathering heard and looked towards where she hid. At first, all was quiet until a dark purple figure that looked Fredca with white blank eyes and teeth. It was her Shadow. The clans stood in fear, confusion, and surprise.
"At last, I've arrived," Shadow Fredca said grinning. "Soon all of you and this entire world will be conquered." She disappeared, leaving the Gathering in silence. Fredca stepped out of her hiding spot to see the clans looking at her. She couldn't tell if they were angry or scared. Murmurs could be heard among them.
"She did it, just like her father," one cat said.
"She's doomed us all," another said. Guilt hit Fredca hard like a monster. She wanted to try and explain everything but she couldn't. Instead she ran off.
"Fredca," Squirrelflight called but Fredca ignored her and kept on running.
What have I done?