009 | holding on

━━━━━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

holding on ━━━━━━

━━━━━▼━━━━━

CORUSCANT, CORUSCA SECTOR

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒. From a distance, it looked like it might be covered in a sheen of kyber crystal that glittered even in the depth of darkness.  The City of Spires was a web of glowing gold and electric lemon.  Upon closer examination, Wynn was always disappointed. Not one inch of the planet seemed real, and the longer she lived there, the more she realized she would never get used to living in a city.

This time, as the ship landed Wynn found herself feeling grateful for any familiarity. The sands of Tatooine were edging close to the border of overwhelming.

Senator Palpatine and the Chancellor were waiting for them. They wasted no time in whisking the Queen--fake Queen--and all of her handmaidens away to discuss senate proceedings. Lyranna had taken Anakin's hand to keep him from stopping and staring at the sights around them as they walked off. Wynn tried to see it from his perspective. Buildings towered below and around the platform and a thousand different noises begged for attention. The smell of it was overwhelming, and the sight of it would be a sensory overload for Anakin, the boy who had only known sand and rock.

The Jedi were to go to the Council and discuss how, exactly, they were going to deal with a small boy and twenty thousand midichlorians. The matter of the attacker was their first priority. His cold stare of yellowed, citrine eyes was sickening to behold and terrifying to try and comprehend.

"He was trained in the Jedi arts," Qui Gon was explaining. "My only conclusion can be that it was a Sith lord."

A few of the council members muttered to themselves. Wynn narrowed her eyes at their insipid disbelief. It was getting tiresome to be able to predict their actions so easily.  The last dregs of sunlight dragged across the floor of the circular chamber, too pure and warm for this annoying argument.

"Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium," Master Mundi said, turning towards Master Yoda with expectation. He wanted to be told that his assumption was correct.

Master Windu made some noise of disbelief. "I do not believe the Sith could have returned without us knowing."

"If I may," Wynn spoke, taking a step forward. All eyes turned to her. "The attacker was Dathomirian. The Nightbrothers and their ways have always been a mystery to outsiders, and this may not be an exception."