022 | overlords

━━━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

overlords ━━━━━

━━━━━▼━━━━━

. . . JEDI TEMPLE, CORUSCANT

THE SILENCE cut like the blade of a knife.

Wynn kept her footsteps light. She had every advantage over her opponent, who was blindfolded and standing solidly in the center of the training room.

Wynn leveled her right hand saber. "You're going to have to move at some point, Ahsoka."

The Togruta surprised her by smiling. Then she lunged. It was a clash of green, two sabers upon two. Ahsoka was keeping up with Wynn's strikes easily.

Ahsoka huffed. "You're pulling your punches," the girl whined.

"I'm not," Wynn lied. "You're just becoming quite good at this."

Ahsoka stepped back and yanked the blindfold off so Wynn could receive the full effect of her glare. "I told you not to take it easy on me! No one that I fight is going to pity mel. You're doing me a disservice."

"A disservice?" Wynn laughed. " You make it seem like I'm being paid for this. You have improved, Ahsoka. Jar'kai comes very naturally to you."

Ahsoka lifted her shoto blade, admiring its silver body. "Anakin was always saying I held my saber backwards."

Wynn laughed loudly this time. "He got that from his own Master. Obi-Wan always said the same thing to me."

A few weeks ago, Anakin had come to Wynn with a request. She had been in the Archives reading texts on battle strategy, and Anakin had managed to find her among the stacks. She was surprised to see him at all. He had avoided her at all costs after she had discovered him and Padmé, even though that was nearly six months ago now. Nevertheless, Anakin had swallowed his pride and asked Wynn to tutor Ahsoka in Jar'kai. He had recently gifted his Padawan a second shoto blade, but he didn't have the skillset to teach her.

"Why two sabers?" Wynn had asked, intrigued. Her Master was the best Jar'kai user the Temple had seen. Vena Amersu had wanted to pass the skill down to her padawan. For Anakin, it made less sense.

"She needs to be able to protect herself," he had told her gruffly. He was already on the edge of his seat as if he wanted to leave.

"Protection and skill are not automatically multiplied when you add a second saber."