Chapter 4

I saw Lida yell at Bakugo for putting his feet up on the desk, which made Bakugo mad and they started to argue. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I only want to admire from afar. I got to see my favorite characters but I didn't want to intervine. I took my phone and earbuds and laid on my desk. I started to drift into sleep. When all of a suddenly the voice of Midoriya woke me. He was talking to the teacher. I saw our teacher in a sleeping bag which made me jealous, I also wanted to sleep in a sleeping bag. I stared at his sleeping bag with a glare. Our teacher, Mr. Aizawa, he notice my glare and which caused me turned your head to avoiding looking at him. This made Mr. Aizawa raise a brow in confusion. I don't really like school, but I did have a good memory when it came to lectures and books. Just with hearing a lecture or reading a book I can memorize most of it which is convenient. Because I memorize things so easily school becomes boring and tiring.
Mr. Aizawa: "Hello everyone, get up we're going to take a quirk apprehension test."
          Everyone was shocked but took this as an opportunity to show what they are made of. Mr. Aizawa: "The tests are 50 meter dash, grip strength, standing long jump, sustained sideways jumps and the softball pitch, you will be using your quirk during the trails. Bakugo come demonstrate." Bakugo throw the ball using his quirk and he managed to get 705.2 meters, I was honestly impressed he almost got 1/2 a mile.
Mr. Aizawa: "If you rank last and fail you will be expelled from school."
He said that with a creepy smile, this made me uncomfortable. I stood at the back of the class letting everyone go and waiting till everyone went first in every trail. The first trial was the 50 meter dash, Lida was the fastest with 3.04 seconds, Bakugo got 4.13, it was my turn next. I couldn't use teleportation because it would take 10 seconds to get my body through, the only option I had was to run. I ended up getting 7.45 seconds, it wasn't particularly good but it was average, I was content with my score. Midoriya got 7.02 seconds, he didn't look too happy with his score. The second trail was grip strength, I had gotten stronger thanks to boxing, I was able to get 54kgw. I didn't really care what I got but I just wanted to blend in. The third trail was the standing long jump, I used my quirk. As I was using my quirk I saw people's eyes on me as I jumped through the portal. I was able to hear a "tsk" from the crowd. The fourth trail sustained sideways jumps, I got an average score. The fifth trail was the softball pitch. Bakugo had already gone the only thing left was for the rest of the class to go. Uraraka got infinity, it was to be expected with her quirk. I was up, I was anxious, I don't like it when people stare at me it makes me nervous. I throw the ball and opened a portal a mile away which was 1,609.4 meters, one mile, everyone had a shocked look on their faces. Midoriya went next and used his quirk, he got 705.3 meters. Because he used his quirk he broke his finger.
          Bakugo looked at Midoriya with anger and frustration, he charged at Midoriya in an attempt to punch him but was stopped but our teacher. Bakugo looked conflicted and a bit hurt. I started to go up to him, I wanted to comfort him but I don't think he likes me. I stood behind him looking at him.
Bakugo: "Why didn't he tell us! Did you know he had a quirk?"
Bakugo knew I was behind him and turned to ask me.
Y/N: "...No, he never told me..."
Bakugo: "Not even you huh? I'm going to confront him and ask an explanation!"
Y/N: "Wait Bakugo... he might have a reason, some people manifest quirk late."
Bakugo scowled at me for trying to help Midoriya, he turned around and didn't say anything. The teacher showed us were we had ranked, I got 10 place. I think I landed a pretty nice  place. I was content with my rank. Mr. Aizawa explained that he wasn't actually going to send anyone home, but I knew what really happened.
            It was time to go home but... there was a problem, I don't know how to get home. My only guide was to follow Bakugo but he was probably still mad at me. Most of the people in class where hanging out then I noticed Todoroki in the back by himself, he was getting ready to leave. He was someone I actually wanted to talk to.
Y/N: "Are you todoroki Shoto? You came here in recommendation right?"
Todoroki: "Yes."
He said with a blank, emotionless face.
Y/N: "I think you're really cool, I admire you"
Todoroki: "What? Why, we just met."
Y/N: " Because you seem determined."
Todoroki: "... everyone is determined."
Y/N: " True, but you seem as determined as Bakugo and Midoriya."
I just left leaving him alone. I walked out of class. I was walking down the hall way when I found Bakugo walking down the stairs. I didn't know whether to talk to him or not. I kept quite and walked behind him. He turned around.
Bakugo: "Why do you always walk behind me like a stalker, dumbass. How have you not gotten lost yet? Why is so hard for you?"
Look down at my feet in embarrassment, I didn't really have control of my sense of direction. I didn't say anything.
Bakugo: *sigh* "Come here, we'll walk together. This won't be an everyday thing, ok!"
I looked up surprised that he would actually help me, I guess the way Bakugo was portrayed was wrong. He's actually really... nice. I walk up to Bakugo, I could help but smile at him because he was actually helping me and not screaming or yelling at me.
Y/N: "Thanks for helping me, I'm sorry, I always bother you."
Bakugo: "dumbass don't apologize, I don't  like apologies. Never apologize to me got it?"
Y/N: "Ok, Bakugo."
I have always been awkward at making friends, I get nervous and my anxiety gets bad. I always try to avoid people, I'm always self conscious of what I look like and what I'm going to say. I hate socializing. But when Bakugo isn't screaming or yelling at me he isn't bad, I actually kinda like talking to him. We walked in silence till Bakugo spoke.
Bakugo: "Your quirk, I never noticed how convenient it could be."
I looked at Bakugo, he wasn't scowling or frowning. He had a calm expression which kinda made him look handsome.
Y/N: "...Yeah it is but, it doesn't improve me physically. My quirk doesn't really protect me from short range attacks. That's why I trained my body."
Bakugo: "I also noticed something, you weren't actually trying in the trails, were you."
I was shocked he had notice me hold back, I did want to blend into the back ground, I try not to use my quirk too much. I didn't know how to reply.
Bakugo: "You shouldn't hold back, you have to always try you best or it's unfair to other people!"
I never really thought of it that way. That's why I admire him in a way, he's always trying his best at whatever he does, even though his pride sometimes get the best of him.
Y/N: "I didn't do it on purpose it just happened, I don't have a strong quirk to show off."
Bakugo: "HUH! You don't need a flashy quirk to be a hero! You can't half-ass things all the time, it pisses me off!"
This man was so different then what I thought.
Y/N: "You're right! I'm going to work harder, my opponent is going to be... you"
I was giggling and smiling, Bakugo made me feel better about myself, I always had insecurities that my quirk wasn't that strong. I also felt disappointed when my parents said that I should stick to being a rescue hero. I want to be stronger.
Bakugo: "Tsk. DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WHIS! You're just some extra. I can beat you anytime!"
Y/N: "That's why I need to get stronger!"
Bakugo raised his hand and I thought he was about to hit me but instead he patted me head. His hand ruffled my hair. He withdrew his hand fast, he looked kinda surprised at what he had done. I started to blush, I kinda... liked it. It was nice, we might actually become... Friends.