Chapter Twenty

(Holy shit, we are at chapter twenty guys!)
Have you heard the tale of the Bard and the Winged Traveller?
_______________________

Once in the past,

"Who here knows the tale of the Bard and the Winged Traveler?"

The fire crackled as its embers lit up the faces of all those who sat around it. Currently, its inhabitants were those who lived within the halls of the safe haven known as Nirvana. There sat the smaller forms of Dream, Sapnap, Eret, and Niki.

Niki was currently putting small braids into Sapnap's hair, smiling as the blazeborne would shake his head and make them move. Her wings would flutter a bit, burning out energy as she wasn't fully strong enough to just carry herself yet. Sapnap's hands were intertwined with his closest friend's, Dream. Dream was sitting beside Hayden with one hand holding Sapnap's. The other would occasionally adjust the brown paper bag over his head, one with a smile drawn near the eyeholes. He made it sit just right before returning the hand to Hayden's. The young elf had been struggling with his image ever since he was rescued, it didn't surprise his father though. The scar he was wearing looked painful enough. Eret was sitting by their lonesome, towards the edge of the group as they fumbled with their hands.

They all stared at their guardian, the one with the pretty and bright yellow shawl covering their shoulders who sighed with no real disappointment. "No one? I'm not surprised."

"Not many remember know of this tale. Hailing from a world long past, the tale of the two had been widely spread, covering different regions both land and sea. Those who spread it around would call the tale a fable. A myth. False in its entirety."

Barely moving, his hands emitted a soft glow as he picked up Eret with his magic and gently placed them on his lap. It didn't feel right to leave them out while everyone else was so close. Hayden let out a whispered 'Gotcha!' which sparked a small giggle from the younger.

"It's words have been long since cast away by its creators, condemned to remain known only by those who have lived and breathed the story. But fear not, I shall tell you it all."

"Once upon a time, there was a Winged traveler. His wings could spread as wide as the sky and looked as dark as the night sky. Some say if you stared at his feathers hard enough, you could see the stars in them. He had hair that looked like spun golden silk, eyes that held furious and destructive storms within him. He carried a sword with him, one of Diamond that told stories of past victories and losses from its many beautiful scars. But more than anything else, he was kind. A young and adventurous soul filled him despite his many years on this earth. His many, many years."

"Where others sought power, he sought knowledge. Where some tried to find love, he found adventure. His quests would end up leading the traveler to a small tavern. It was rumored that this tavern was home to an underground library, one the beheld secret of ancient magic."

Pressing a hand to the large wooden door, Philza entered the tavern with a swift pace. This town hadn't taken too kindly to hybrids of any sort. That much he could tell from the dirty looks that the locals had sent him and his precious wings. It was best that whatever he was looking for was found and was found fast.

It was to be a simple in and out mission. That was until his attention was pulled towards the small little stage towards the back of the establishment. Making his way forward, Philza's focus was consumed and wrapped around the finger of the voice coming from the performance.

". . . All the things yet to come are the things that have passed
Like the old enough hands, like the breaking of glass
Like the bonfire that burns, in worth, in a fight felt too
Wasteland, baby
I'm in love
I'm in love with you..."