Chapter 1

At last! I finally got a version of this written that I (sort of) liked, at the moment I know what's gonna happen at the beginning and at the end of this but everything in the middle is extreeeeeemely hazy... xD 

Chapter 1

I push my glasses further up my freckled nose and run a hand through my unruly brown curls, my dull, blue eyes raking over the page of the math test in front of me. I was so deep in concentration that I jumped when a screwed up piece of paper landed on the desk in front of me.

Cautiously reaching out, I grabbed it and quickly hid it under my desk before the teacher, Mrs. Grahams, could spot it. I carefully unfolded it under the desk, not making a sound as I flattened it on my lap before taking a peek at what was written on it. There was a picture of a whale with frizzy blond hair, wearing big, thick glasses with an arrow saying 'Mrs. Grahams' pointing to it.

Confused, I glanced up in the direction it came from and Tricia Hendon smirked evilly at me before it contorted back to the 'angelic' expression it usually held as she turned the front, throwing her hand in the air and whining,

"Mrs. Grahams, Hendry Ryans is passing notes!"

Realization curled down my spine as I opened my mouth to try to defend myself.

"What?! But, I wasn't-"

"What have you got in your lap there Miss Ryans?"

The teacher interrupted me and, before I could stop her, she had whisked the drawing out of my lap. She glanced at the picture and let out an outraged cry.

"Hendry Ryans!" she started to shout, "This is disgusting behaviour! Get out and go to the principal's office!"

"But- but I-"

"Now!" she cut me off again.

I slouched out of my chair and walked, shoulders hunched, out of the classroom; down the hall to the principlal's office. I knock on the glass window of the wooden door and wait for an answer.

"Come in." the raspy sound of my principal's voice reaches me from inside and I, reluctantly, turn the door handle and step into the room with a sigh."You again Miss Ryans? This has become quite a habit. Though I'd much prefer not to see you in here every day... What happened this time?"He croaked at me. His lips pursed in distate.

I fumbled over my words trying to get my story out,

"I was- I was d-doing my test an-nd Tricia she - she... and I... I..."

I slumped my shoulders at the hopelessness of the situation, no teachers ever payed attention, much less cared about my side of the story. Especially when Tricia Hendon was involved.

Sure enough, the headmaster grunted impatiently at me as a tear slid down my cheek from the corner of my eye,

"I do not care for your tall-tales miss Ryans... Miss Hendon is a model student. Nor do I care for your crocodile tears. Now, let me put this more simply, why did you get sent out of class?"

My bottom lip started to wobble as I explained to him why the teacher sent me out, leaving out all remarks about Tricia and the unfairness of the situation.

"I see... So the truth finally comes out, hmm? Well, Miss Ryans... This is your fifth time out this week, and seeing as we are only just arrived at Wednesday, I think that a suitable punishment would be... Detention. For three days. Until Monday. Now, get out." He finished sharply, pointing to the door at his final words.

My head - if possible - sinks even further down, resting on my chest as I struggled to keep my tears at bay.

I slouched out of the room and back to the classroom, taking a deep breath and opening the door. "Who is this? Opening my door without knocking! How rude..." Miss Grahams thundered, before her tone turned spiteful,