new beginning

Cates POV

I just signed the contract for the new movie I'm going to star in. I don't know a lot about this movie I just figured it would be good for me to work after I divorced my husband. Furthermore, I just wanted to be distracted after all that happened....

So I packed my suitcase immediately and took the next plane to LA. The shooting for the movie will not start for another 3 weeks, but I figured that I could visit some old friends of mine while I'm there. I also wanted to go to a fancy spa hotel to relax a bit before filming. I mean I want to look the best I can and at the moment I just don't look good. Not only that, but I look like an old lady... which is not the best TBH. The divorce bothered me. I hardly thought about my well-being, but now I'm going to start doing it again. My flight is going to leave in 3 hours, which means, that I still got enough time to get to the airport.

As I sit in my seat I realize, that I have no idea what I am going to do the whole time until the shooting of the film starts. After I ordered a Martini, I grab my phone. I sat there for like 20 minutes until I've decided to text a friend of mine who I have not seen in forever to ask her if she would like to meet sometime.

Sarah's POV

As I put my errands in my car someone wrote me a message, so I search for my phone. While I search for it, I wonder who it could by. Probably just Ryan who wants to ask whether I like the new script or not. But as soon as I glanced at my cell phone I gasp.

Hey Sarah, I'm going to be in LA for the next 3 weeks. Would you like to grab a drink sometime? 😊 Just send me a message when you are free.

It was Cate. I have not heard from her in forever. The last time we saw each other was at a little party Sandy threw about 2 years ago. I wonder how she's been and how her husband is. I always liked him, even though I was always a bit jealous – I always had a thing for her, and I think she knows it.

As I arrived home, I answer her and pack my stuff to go to the gym for a quick workout.

When I finally got home again Cate answered, and we scheduled to meet up in the evening in one of my favorite bars in LA to get a few drinks. Since Sandra has not seen Cate in a while as well, I called her to invite her as well. She was very happy about it – I could tell because of the way she answered to me.

Sandy and I still have a lot of contact, and we meet up at least 2 times per month to chat a bit. When Cate, Sandy and I shot Oceans 8 together we used to do this all the time. But Cate lives in Australia which makes the whole thing a bit complicated. We also travel a lot, which is why the contact has gradually waned. But now Cate is going to be in LA for some time which means that we can meet a bit more often if we want.