an evening in the bar

Sarah's POV

I just finished my shower and started doing my makeup as my mobile starts vibrating. I assumed that it's going to me Sandy who is going to tell me that she couldn't make it, but it was Cate asking me for advice because she does not know what to wear. She shows me about 5 outfits until I see one that looks perfect on her. She looks perfect in everything to be honest, but this one looks special. Furthermore, she is going to be wearing a baby blue suit which underlines her eye color in a perfect way. I choose to wear a wide fitted Jeans and a simple top with a long coat. I feel like you can never go wrong with an outfit like this. After checking the time, I realize that I just have 20 minutes left. I grab my stuff and call a taxi. I don't think that it would be a good idea to drive by myself 'cause we are going to have some drinks. I really hope Sandy and Cate are going to take some tequila shots with me.

Tequila is my absolute favorite drink. As I sat down in the cab, I started feeling a little exited and tense. But in a good way. I love to see them again, but why did Cate call me and not Sandy? They know each other way longer and better than we do. After all we were never best friends. We liked each other but never just the two of us met.

Cates POV

After picking out my outfit I started to do my hair and my makeup. I just talked to Sarah for about 10 minutes, and now I'm even more exited to finally see her again. It's been ages. We only talked on like red carpets or on little parties' mutual friends of us had planned. Due to the long distance, we never met otherwise.

As I arrived in the bar Sarah suggested I look for her, but it seems she hasn't arrived jet. So, I look for a good spot and order my first drink. I am so excited that I must drink something. Otherwise, I would not be able to talk all evening.

Just as I finished my first martini, I spot Sarah entering the bar. But she is not alone. Who is her date? I thought we are going to be alone. I stand up and go to meet the two of them. As they get closer, I realize that Sarah hasn't brought a date. Instead, she brought Sandy! Or maybe she is her date! I mean I never really knew Sandy's sexuality. I always just assumed that she is heterosexual. Sarah on the other hand is attracted to women – just like me. Maybe they are a couple. As I start to wonder Sarah tells me that she thought it would be good to spend an evening together. Just the three of us - like we used to in the past.

We started ordering a few drinks as the time gets later and later. It was a fantastic idea to meet up and talk. I told them about the new movie I am going to shoot and how my kinds are doing. But I did not tell them about the divorce and about the custody that I lost for my children. I somehow was not able to. We had a great time together. But I started wondering why Sarah invited Sandy. I mean it was a perfect idea but I kind of wanted to spend the evening alone with her. Never mind I thought to myself maybe someday we can meet up alone.

Sarah's POV

I just ordered another round for the three of us as I realized that Cate is kind of different today. But since we are with Sandy, I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable. So, I just looked hat her and smiled. Cate replied to that with a soft smile herself. As she smiled at me, I felt a strange feeling in my stomach. Her smile is one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. I would love to meet her more often just so she can smile at me. I quickly discard my thoughts and concentrate on the conversation again. But I can't help but wonder why she wanted to meet up with me tonight.

Around 11 p.m. Sandy leaves to go because she must work tomorrow morning. As we say goodbye to her, I can't help it but think that I'm finally alone with Cate.

Cates POV

Sarah and I sat down again I couldn't help it but stare in her beautiful brown eyes as she talked about her life. She told me that after her breakup with Holland she did not have another relationship. Holland and Sarah broke up about 6 months ago. The media pounced on it. That is why even I saw it. I was a bad friend and never texted or called her. I feel like was overwhelmed with my own situation. But this is not an excuse. I should have called.

The bar closed at 2 a.m. Sarah and I still sat there and talked about everything. I really enjoyed it.

Just when I was about to order a cap Sarah asked me a question that I couldn't refuse.

Sarah's POV
What is the matter with you Paulson? I thought to myself. I just asked Cate if she wanted to come over to my house to drink even more alcohol. She agreed and the next thing I knew is, that we sat in a cap together. Her head on my shoulder and I never felt better before.

Are you exited, what happens next? I am going to update tomorrow. Stay tuned! Below you can see Sarah's and Cates outfit!

If you like it leave a comment or a vote. I love you guys!

947 words