starry sky

Cate's POV

I did not even notice that I put my head on Sarah's shoulder. I was just way too drunk to think straight. Why did I even agree in the first place? The ride took about 20 minutes – Sarah and I continued talking. I never felt better the last 6 months. Finally, there is somebody who listens to me and talks to me normally and without any pity. I still have not told her about the divorce and I kinda do not want to, although I know that I must. Maybe later I thought as Sarah paid for the cab.

I was never at her place before. When we entered the house, I was overwhelmed. It was exactly as I imagined it to be. The interior was classy and elegant, but you could spot Sarah in every corner. It was just perfect.

We went to the kitchen and grabbed shot glasses and tequila and tumbled to the on the terrace. It was still warm outside even though it was 2.30 a.m. We began drinking and continued talking while Sarah started playing music. After half a bottle of tequila we just laid on the terrace and looked at the sky. Sarah rested her head on my stomach as it was more comfortable for her. We just laid there and did not say anything until one of my favorite songs came on. Love me again.

Sarah's POV

As Cate and I lay there she suddenly grabbed my hand and wants to dance with me. I need a bit to stand up properly, but then we start to dance. We danced as if there was no tomorrow. Since we both drank way too much it looked more like tumbling rather than dancing, but it did not matter. We had fun and laughed – this is the only thing that was important in this situation. I haven't felt this good in a long time, and I was super happy that I asked her to come to my place.

As the song ended, I wanted to sit down again but Till Forever Falls Apart on and Cate and I started dancing slowly. I know this song by heart since I always listen to it when I feel sad. That is why I started singing along. It seems like Cate knows this song as well because she started singing along as well.

I started looking in Cates eyes and I started getting butterflies. She looked at me as well, and we sang to each other "'Cause you've got me, and you know. That I've got you and I know."

The next thing I know is, that Cate pulled me to her by grabbing my hips. It was as if I was paralyzed – I couldn't move and to be honest I didn't want to. It felt magical. She looks at me a started kissing me. I grabbed her face and started kissing her as well. Time stood still. I wanted this to happen for such a long time.

Cates POV

I can't believe I'm kissing Sarah I thought. It was a beautiful feeling. A feeling I never want to forget again. But suddenly Sarah stopped kissing me.

"Is everything ok. Have I done anything wrong?" I asked

"No. I...It's just... You are married Cate! We can't do this."

She wanted to go, but I was able to grab her wrist and pull her back to me. "That should not be a problem. Andrew and I got divorced. This is why I am in LA."

"Cate! Why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you tell ME?"

"I don't know... I just couldn't. I just wanted to have a beautiful evening without talking about it."

"But you should have. I am your friend. I will always be there for you!"

As she said that my eyes started tearing up. I really should have told her, but the evening was just way too good to talk about my failed marriage. I just wanted to be with her. With the person I deeply care about.

"I'm sorry..." I said while I packed my stuff and wanted to leave.

"Why are you leaving?" Sarah came running after me "You don't have to. I want you to be here." She looked me deeply in the eyes and I realized that she really wanted me to stay. It also was 5 a.m. I need to get some rest.

Sarah showed me the guestroom and gave me one of her pajamas. It smelled just like her.

Before leaving the room Sarah kissed me on the forehead and said "Rest well, love. Do you want to go brunching tomorrow? I know a great place. And after that we could go shopping, or we could go to the beach. Whatever you want."

I just looked hat her and said "Yes. That would be a great idea. Let's decide tomorrow what we are going to do after the Brunch."

I changed into the pajama and laid down in bed. I stayed up for a while until I finally fell asleep.

Is this going to be a date or is she just being nice! I wondered.

"We will see." I said to myself. But if I'm being honest, I want it to be a date...

I hope you liked this chapter. Don't worry. Sandy is going to play a big role in the upcoming chapters. What do you think so far?
Thanks for voting! Have a great day and stay safe and healthy! I love you guys!
I've linked the video to the song "Till Forever Falls Apart" in the top so you can listen to it.
874 words