Date Night

Shuichis pov

"kaito are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked nervously as the astronaut hid us in the kitchen.

Kaito heard about kokichis crush on himiko and insists on setting them up on a date. He even sent fake letters to both of them telling them to meet up in the kitchen. I never knew kaito could be so crafty!

"of course sidekick! What kind of hero would I be if I didn't help with the blossoming love right in front of me!" kaito insisted. I rolled my eyes fondly. Kaito always has to act the hero!

Now we just have to wait for them!

Himikos pov

I walked to the dining hall nervously. After everything we went through I'm a bit afraid that this might be a plan to murder me but tenko did say that I should learn to get closer to people so to respect her final wish I'm going to do this!

I walked into the dining hall to find kokichi standing there.

"kokichi?" he turned around in surprise.

"himiko? Did you send me this letter?" he asked showing me a letter that was identical to mine.

"funny. That looks just like my letter" I said showing him my letter.

"the hell" kokichi muttered "we've been duked"

"and I'm the one who did the duking!" kaito jumped out of nowhere grinning. Shuichi and kiibo came out with trays of food. Kaito probably dragged them into this!

"what the hell guys!" kokichi yelled turning red.

"hmm a date night might be fun" I muttered.

"really?" kokichi looked at me with a small smile. It was kinda cute "Well I guess it could be fun with you himi!" no ones called me himi since tenko died. It hurts but it also feels nice. Like she's still alive somehow.

We took a seat together and talked. It turns out we have alot of the same interests. Kokichi even fond of magic tricks! It's not proper magic but I'll get him there.

We left the dining room hand in hand. Maybe he's not as bad as I thought.