NOT MY DAY

ANNE'S P.O.V

The darkness and the freezing tiles on the floor felt all too familiar for the little child praying and hoping in the corner for a miracle. Her blanket, which gave a hint of warmth and guarded her against this wretched life she was forced to endure, was nowhere to be seen.

The door creaked as a person came in with a smile, though only she knew the truth behind it.

"it's time," The child thinks in dread.

"It's playing time, my dear-bear," The person speaks in a creepy fashion while coming closer to her.

"no-no p-p-please n-no" The child begs, sobbing and trying to move away but to no avail.

This scene only caused the intruder to chuckle wickedly as he kept coming closer and closer.

-------------------------

''No-no-no, please stop"I cry and awaken drenched in sweat and tears.

Wiping my tears away, I wrap my arms around my body to fish for any little comfort I could possibly get.

"It was a nightmare", " Just a nightmare" I kept whispering and reassuring myself at the exact time.

A while later when I had finally settled down. I take a peek at the time, finding out that it's still quite early.

I get up feeling like all my energy is drained away. Right now, there is no way I could go back to sleep again.

I am on my way to take a relaxing shower when my eyes dart outside the window...I do have a swimming pool.

You know what?

Fuck it!

Let's go swim, I need to refresh my mind anyway.

Switching into shorts and a top that was around me because I am lazy to find where my bathing suit is.

The chilly morning air greets me as soon as I step outside.

Perfect weather for a swim!

I - no kidding - have always loved cold weather for some weird reason.

"maybe because you have a cold past," my inner voice jokes.

I dive, do the backstroke, and various other tricks for quite a while, and after that exercise just float in the pool.

It's so comfortable, I hope to never move and float like this forever.

"really? why don't you become a stone in your next life." my inner voice scoffs at me.

"I was wondering why I was feeling so at peace? and stones don't float darling"

"Oh shut up! you know I am the only person you can talk to-"

"You think of me as a friend, I am oh so grateful" I tease back.

"You little-

"Sometimes, I wonder if you are really my inner voice?"

"Again with this same question? I am just your reliable conscience, who talks to you because you're lonely as fuck, Don't have many friends due to your, Again, trus-

"Okay okay, I get it, Damn! didn't have to go so in-depth"

"Well and even if I am a little person, living in your head, talking to you, It does not appear that impossible because nothing ordinary happens to you anyway."

I pull myself out of the pool, complaining about being insulted by my own conscience.

After taking a quick shower, I prepare to go out for job hunting.