THE APOLOGY

Authors notes

When I reread the chapter I saw that I published the wrong part so here is the one I intended to publish. There are not a lot of changes.Simply in the last part. (if you want to skip)

ANNE'S P.O.V

My eyes open and I see candy(i named her), the kitten I picked up yesterday, curled up close to me. I smile at her adorableness and stroke her before getting up cautiously from the bed.

I take a shower and do my daily routine which would have been laying on my bed the whole day with candy and afterward watching T.V with her so I can see her cute reactions to it but unfortunately, I had to go to school and do a freaking mathematics quiz.

I groan in despair and kiss candy"Bye cutie, I will see you later. Don't break anything"

She wraps her around my legs and purrs gazing at me with her unhappy eyes."God, I want to stay here" I hold her up and hug her gently so I don't hurt her because of my excitement.

Walking away from her was one of the hardest shit I have ever done in my whole life. I eventually shut the door after running and hugging her one more time. I spin around and my face changes from a slight smile to unemotional in a minute.

The reason being is seeing Lucas leaning on his car with a haggard face.

How long has he been here?

Our eyes lock with each other and I look away from him without saying anything. I walk away from him. The footsteps behind me are loud and I can hear him yelling frantically.

"Anne! Wait a minute, please stop"

Hearing him plead, I stop and turn around ordering him in a cold voice "Start talking. I have to go to school"

He stops behind me and scratches his head disoriented by my sudden eagerness before talking "I am--What I mean is--

"Quickly" I add interrupting his stuttering.

Taking a deep breath, he conveys"I am sorry. yesterday I had a terrible day and took it out on you, I am genuinely sorry. I never meant it to sound as if I was degrading you in any way"

I take a clear look at him and apart from his unique clothing style(I am in no way judging him) he truthfully looks distressed and remorseful. The light bags under his eyes also indicated he didn't sleep properly.

"That under bags only adds to his hotness" my inner voice comments.

"Not the right time"

"oh please, don't behave as if you weren't considering that" she shoots back.

"Anne do you, you know, forgive me?"Lucas requested in a hesitant voice.

"Hmmm, let's see...

Lucas's eyes are filled with expectation as he gazes at me.

"No," I said before resuming"You can only be forgiven if you buy me lunch today"

His expression switched from dejected to perplexed to relief and then finally, his face settled into a bright smile.

Fuck! he is blinding me with his smile.

"Yes! I will not forget"

I smile to myself as I walk past him in the direction of his car and try to open it.

"What are you doing?"Lucas questioned jogging towards me.

"Well, you have a car and I assume you brought it because you wanted to give me a ride, or am I wrong?"I replied with raised eyebrows moving away from the car.