The Job

Olivia

I look in the mirror loving my outfit. It wasn't too much or too little just enough for me to get the job. I have an interview today for this high-tech company. I'm supposed to be filing in there assistant position for the summer. With this break from school I need to find some way to keep myself busy a job is the perfect thing.

I'm Olivia Thomas, I'm 20 years old from Toronto, Canada, yes the same place as Drake. I was raised there my whole life with my older brother Michael, my older sister Angel, my younger brother Joseph & our mom Hellen. Our dad died a year after Joseph was born. He was amazing and I miss him everyday.

It's because of my father that I'm here, in New York City chasing my dreams. I got accepted into Baruch college a year ago and at first I wasn't going to go. I thought it was too far from home and I'd miss the family too much. But my dad reminded me that this has been a dream of mine since I was 12. Now I'm here doing the best I can to make him and my mom proud.

I leave out of the house after making sure I had everything again. I get in my car but my phone rings before I could start it.

Hello I answer

Hey babe just wanted to check on you My boyfriend Trevor says making me smile. Trevor & I met a few months ago at campus. He knocked all of my books out of my hand and I cussed him out. After that we met again at the library where he payed for my books. Eventually we bumped into each other enough times to become friends and now we're dating.

Hey my love I'm good heading to the building now I tell him

Good you're making good time I see he says

Yeah I wanted to make a good impression I laugh a little and start up the car

And you will because no ones more qualified than my Livie I smile at his corny little nickname

Babe I'd love to talk but I have to go ok love you I say trying to end the call not wanting to be distracted

Ok I love you more he says, I hang up and focus back on the road. I head to Dunkin Donuts since I had a few extra minutes and get a dozen mixture of donuts hoping it'll make a good impression.

I won't lie I'm a nervous wreck. Although I already have the job you never know. I haven't met the man I'll be exclusively working for. Which would be the Christopher Brown. He's New York royalty, literally.

He's made the richest man list 6 times in a roll. Very impressive. What I'm most nervous about is his reputation. I've only ever heard that he's a mean uptight rich guy who doesn't care for anyone but himself.

I'm not too much into rumors so I guess I'll see for myself.

Soon I turn into the parking lot of the huge Brown Inc. building. I take a deep breath trying to calm my nerves. I grab the box of donuts and leave out of the car.

I walk inside of the large building being careful of the box in my hand. I go to the front desk catching the receptionist attention

"Hello. How may I help you?" She smiles

"Hi I'm the new assistant for Mr. Brown" I tell her she nods

"Yes he's expecting you Ms. Olivia Thomas. The elevator is right there just press the top floor button and you'll see his office" she says

"Thank you so much" I say smiling a little

"Oh & one more thing" I turn to see what she had to say "He loves donuts"