Day Six

Steve was awoken by the loud bickering in the compound. He groaned, recognising the voices to be Sam and Bucky's. He pulled his girlfriend closer to his chest, "morning, doll." She turned around to face him and pressed a soft kiss to his lips, "morning."

"YOU GO ASK HIM! YOU'RE A SUPER SOLDIER, YOU CAN TAKE A HIT!" Sam's voice echoed down the hall. "He'll kill me if I wake them up," Bucky groaned. Y/n sighed, "we should go see what they want." Steve pulled the covers up higher over them, "let's just pretend to be asleep and hopefully they won't bother us."

Just then, the door burst open and Sam and Bucky stumbled into the room. "Steve, we're going on a run, are you coming?" Bucky whispered. Steve pretended to stir awake, "mm, what? What time is it?" Sam scoffed, "8 o'clock." Steve huffed, "it's too early, fuck off. Welcome back, by the way."

"LISTEN HERE YOU SON OF A-" Sam began. "Language. Also if you wake up my girl, I'll send you to that bitch you were about to talk about, she'll beat your ass," Steve snarled, interrupting him. Y/n smirked into Steve's chest, knowing that he didn't make empty threats.

"Everyone got back at around 2 this morning, see you around guys," Bucky whispered before grabbing Sam's arm and dragging him out of the room.

Y/n turned to face the other way and Steve pulled her closer so her back was flush against his chest, burying his face in her neck. "Love you, Stevie," she mumbled. "Love you too sweetheart," he kissed her hair. They stayed like that, drifting in and out of sleep for a few hours.

"Wake up, lovebirds. Daddy's home," Tony came into the room, opening the curtains. Steve and y/n shielded their eyes from the sun, "fuck off," they mumbled in unison. "Missed you too," Tony smirked, walking out of the room. "FRIDAY, play my playlist in here until they leave," he laughed. "Yes, boss," the AI replied.

The opening chords to Back in Black began to play and they hurried to get out of bed and get changed. Steve put on some sweatpants and a t-shirt and y/n put on some leggings and one of Tony's t-shirts. "Do you have any shirts that fit you?" she asked her boyfriend, referencing his extremely tight shirt. "Do you have any shirts?" he countered, slightly jealous about the fact that she was wearing one of Tony's AC/DC shirts.

She stood on her toes to press a gentle kiss to his lips, "let's go see everyone." He held her hand while they went to the kitchen to meet the rest of the team.

"Oh my god!" Wanda pulled y/n in for a hug when she saw her walking into the room. "It's been like 5 days, calm down," Steve chuckled. Natasha walked in and repeated Wanda's actions. Sam and Bucky shared a mischievous look before getting up and squealing in high pitched voices, "ahh I've missed you so much hahaha oh my god!"

Natasha slapped Sam in the face, Bucky running before she had to the chance to do the same to him. Wanda stopped him with her magic and slowly walked up to him, hitting him harder than Nat had hit Sam.

"Good to see you both," Pepper beamed, pulling Steve and y/n in for a hug. "Why is everyone back so early?" the super soldier asked. "The mission went really well," Clint explained. "We were scared you guys were gonna burn the house down," Tony snickered.

"Hey! We're not that bad at cooking!" y/n frowned. "Tell that to those pancakes you made last week," Clint smirked. "You little shit," Steve began. "Language, captain," Sam laughed. The blonde man pulled him into a headlock, "say that again, I dare you."

"Language, captain," Sam retorted. Steve was about to pound Sam's skull back into his mother's womb when Bucky came and pulled them apart, "alright ladies, that's enough." Sam and Steve looked at each other before chasing Bucky down the hall as he screamed at them to spare him his life.

Peter walked downstairs and gave y/n a quick hug before making himself some toast and sitting next to her at the island. "How did you sleep?" she asked him. "Alright, thanks, you?" he replied. "Steve had a nightmare about spiders," y/n whispered, struggling to contain her laughter.

"Hey, kid! Look! I bought you an inflatable kiddy pool!" Tony exclaimed. "Don't we have a pool and a hot tub outside though?" he questioned his father figure. "Yeah but I thought that you might want to be in your element," Tony explained. Peter sighed, "alright, thanks Mr Stark."

Steve and Sam came back to the kitchen, the latter wheezing like a 90 year old smoker with a chest infection and coronavirus.

The former wrapped his arms around his girlfriend from behind, kissing the top of her head gently. "What did you do to Buck?" y/n tilted her head back to kiss Steve. "We took care of him," Sam smirked.

"We should watch a movie later," Tony suggested to the team." Clint spoke up, "let's watch The Hunger Games!" Everyone simultaneously yelled, "shut up, Katniss."

Steve inhaled the scent of his girlfriend's hair, feeling a sense of comfort, like after all this time, he was finally where he was meant to be. Home.

He laced his fingers with hers and leaned down to whisper in her ear, "you know I love you so much, right?" She smiled and blushed lightly, "I love you too, Stevie."

Sam pretended to throw up, "get a room." Tony laughed, "Peter told me what happened when you guys got a room." Y/n stood up, "I can't believe you made him put viagra in Steve's water." Tony doubled over with laughter, "it was supposed to be for both of you, it's not my fault he took enough to impregnate seventy three mountain lions."

Everyone stopped laughing and glared at him. Pepper took him by the hand, "god, Tony, stop being such a furry."

Y/n and Steve went back upstairs to their room, Bucky joining them after a while. "How come Alpine loves you more than he loves me?" he pouted at the girl with her face nuzzled into his cat's back. "He has good taste," y/n smirked.

Steve subtly pulled his sketchpad out from his desk drawer and began to draw his girlfriend snuggling with Alpine on the bed. He knew she felt self conscious about how she looked but she was perfect in his eyes and he loved drawing her to show how much he loved her.

Y/n kept her chin resting on the white cat and grabbed her phone from the bedside table. She was scrolling through Instagram when she saw a picture of her and Wanda pulling stupid faces that they had taken on Clint's phone. Him being the ass he is, posted it on the main Avengers account. She made a mental note to get him back for it.

The three of them went downstairs to help set up for the team's movie night, placing blankets and pillows over the couches and a few on the floor. They filled up the little inflatable pool and covered it with towels and blankets over them to make it look sweet and innocent.

Everyone was downstairs except Peter, everyone had made sure to keep the pool seat for him. He walked in with a spring in his step, "sorry I'm late, I was just on the phone to my aunt." Tony smiled, "it's okay, kid. Take a seat so we can get started."

Peter went to go lay down next to Steve and instead fell into the freezing water they had put there. He shrieked, "I SWEAR TO GOD, WHOEVER DID THIS, I WILL FIND YOU!" He stormed out of the room, leaving the whole team crying with laughter, holding their aching sides.

"I'm gonna go check on him," Pepper laughed. Peter got changed into some new pajamas after having a shower and was about to come back downstairs but he was startled by Pepper's presence at his door.

"You alright?" she asked him. "Yeah, I'm fine," he smiled up at her. "Come on, let's go get some cookies," she wrapped an arm around him as they walked to the kitchen.

He got two glasses of milk and went back over to Steve and y/n. He stood above them before suddenly topping the glasses upside down, drenching them in the contents of the glasses.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT!" y/n screamed before getting up and glaring at him. "What the hell?" Steve growled. "Kid... You've picked the wrong avengers to mess with..." Tony laughed.