Chapter 11: runner pt. 2

*Minho's POV*

"I shucking hate you" was the last thing that y/n said before running out of the woods and into her room I'm assuming.

I wanted to chase after her, but I was mad at Alby so I wanted to talk to him first.

"Why are you doing this? Y/n is one of the best runners we have. Shuck she's probably better than me! And now you're not letting her do it anymore? Really?" I said frustrated.

"I don't give two shucks of how good of a runner she is, she's not risking her life out there anymore. Especially when nobody's looking out for her." Alby replied.

"I'm her running partner. I'm looking out for her. I-"

"You're looking out for her? Really? Then tell me, Minho, where were you when she got stung, huh? Were you 'looking out for her' then? No! You were taking a break. So don't you dare try to act like you did nothing wrong."

"I know that Alby, I was there. I don't need you to tell me everything i did wrong in that situation. It was a mistake-"

"A mistake that almost cost my sister her life!"

"You act like I did it on purpose! She's my best friend! Do you know how horrible I felt when I saw her lifeless looking body lying on the ground? How I felt when she went unconscious in my arms and I thought she'd died?"

"Don't try and make me feel bad for you. Whether it was on purpose or not, it was still your fault!" Alby replied not caring at all about the comment I'd just made.

"Well who brought her back here Alby?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Who brought her back here? Me, I did. Thomas and I survived a whole shucking night in the maze, and he killed a freaking griever to make sure she stayed alive and that we could get her back here in the morning. So blame me all you want for letting her get stung, I'll take it, but don't leave out the fact that if it wasn't for me, she'd probably be dead in that maze right now." I said in his face pointing in the direction of the maze.

Alby just stared at me with angry eyes. He knew I was right, but of course he wouldn't admit it. After a few moments of us angrily staring each other down and heavily breathing from all the yelling, I backed up and turned to walk away to go find y/n. I took a few steps before Alby spoke up.

"You're right." he mumbled.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Alby was saying I was right?

"Sorry?"

"I said you're right. She would probably be dead right now if it weren't for you. But I still can't let her go back in that maze, it's just not safe."

I just nodded my head and continued on my original path.

* y/n POV*

I ran back to my room with a few stray tears still trickling down my cheeks. My sadness slowly turned to anger. When I reached my room, I opened the door, went inside, and slammed it shut. When I was finally inside I began throwing and hitting everything in sight. So I was basically having a tantrum. (Not the most mature thing, but what else is there to do when your mad and have no one to vent to?)