safety

(Y/N), Old Hotel: 04:47

The four rejoin their group, Mike shutting the door fast behind. "Oh my God! Guys! Thank God!" Emily gushes.

"What took you so long?" Sam asks and Chris shakes his head, struggling to catch his breath. "It's not so good up there right now-"

"Understatement of the night." Mike mutters. He had detached himself from (Y/N) and Sam looks between them.

"Where's the flamethrower guy?"

"He didn't make it." (Y/N) informs them, earning shocked gasps from all. "What happened?" Sam continues.

"The thing, it... it tore him apart! Right in front of us." Chris exclaims and (Y/N) shivers at the thought of reliving it.

"Alright." Mike steels himself, going into the room. He starts to take charge, motioning around them. "These all the doors?"

"Yeah." Sam says and he raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

"What are you looking for?" (Y/N) asks.

"Another way out." He admits as if it was obvious and he moves to the camera as Sam chuckles. "Mike, I really don't think that's a good idea. We should stay put, right here, until dawn. At least we're safe down here-"

"Oh? Yeah? All wrapped like a little present with a bow on top for that thing to tear us apart on Christmas morning?" He jokes, holding his arms out.

"People will come for us. In the morning."

"You don't sound so sure."

"That's what'll happen, right Em?" (Y/N) turns to the teenager who leant against the table in front of the pinboard.

"Yeah, I mean... right?"

"Well, you can wait, I'm leaving!" Mike states and (Y/N) stops him. "Mike, there's no key for the cable car."

"Josh. He's gotta have it." He remembers and Sam pulls a face.  "Josh?"

"One of his dirty little tricks." (Y/N) says, hitting Mike's arm. "If that fucking thing got a hold of Josh, then we're shit outta luck."

"I don't know, it's possible." Emily begins and Sam glances at her. "What's possible?"

"It may have taken him down to the mine." She suggests, turning to the contents on the table. "I saw some horrible stuff down there, I think it's where that thing lives and... huh."

"Em? What?"

"Fuck it. I'm gonna get that key. Right from thing's goddamned bedroom, and then I'm gonna get us all the hell out of here." Mike exclaims.

Sam joins Emily, who holds up a book and they shift through papers. "Em, what is all that?"

"It's that old guy's bag."