split

The screaming of a burning Wendigo makes (Y/N)'s head snap up

The screaming of a burning Wendigo makes (Y/N)'s head snap up. In the moments of safety, she had taken the opportunity to kiss Mike and he was slightly breathless, but his eyes were wide in fear.

"Shit, we gotta go!" He orders, his hands on her waist and she pushes herself off. Holding out her hand, she hauls him up to his feet. The two take off in a sprint through the snow, pushing past tree branches.

A door appears, seemingly going back to the maze of tunnels and (Y/N) throws herself against it. She collapses in and Mike is fast behind, trying to close the door. The flaming monster pushes against it and he tries to get it out.

"Goddammit! Stay out there!" He pleads, but the force is stronger and he falls to the floor.

"Mike!" (Y/N) shouts as the Wendigo jumps on him and he struggles to keep it at bay. She reaches out for the machete that had slid across the floor, taking a stand.

"Holy shit!" She breathes, stepping forward and taking a swing. It takes its aim of Mike, lunging for her and with all her might, slices across its neck, the head rolling to the ground. The body falls backwards and Mike quickly closes the door over, turning back to look at her through the spirit of the Wendigo.

"You alright?" He pants and (Y/N) raises an eyebrow, letting him take her in his arms. "Uhh, define 'alright'."

"Alive, for a start." He breathes and she smiles, placing her hands on his cheeks. "Yeah, alive's good."

"We're gonna have to find another way down to where this fucker lives." (Y/N) then adds and Mike smirks. "Oh you're still up for this?"

"Always up for a challenge."

"Is that in reference to me?"

"What? No."

(Y/N), Mines: 06:00

The pairing were in what looked like a cave system of the mines. There was water surrounding most of the area and (Y/N) shivers, slipping her hand into Mike's. "I feel like we're close the lair."

"How?"

"I feel terrible all of a sudden." She admits and he nods, pulling her close. "Ditto." He whispers.

The two stop at the corner of the water. The dirt dipped slightly and (Y/N)'s breath catches in her throat. "Is that - is that a grave?" She stumbles out and Mike nods, unable to say anything else.

She kneels down, gingerly picking up a watch and when she realises the initials, she falls over her feet to get back up. "Oh my god, oh my god!" She cries and Mike steadies her.

"This is Beth's! This is her watch!" (Y/N) exclaims and he shakes his head. "What? Let me see." He holds her hand out and she points to behind her.

"There was a cross here."

"So this is where she was buried." Mike states.

"But... who dug her up?" She questions. Her hand was on her chest and she pockets the accessory, closing her eyes. Mike looks away, placing his hand on her lower back to steer her away.