Chapter 18.

MAN-TO-CHICKEN.

His voice was smooth and clear but powerful as he sang his latest single along with the music intensifying the performance. Thousands of fans danced to his rhythm as if he was the Pied Piper of Hamelin, leading the rats.

Kyoko wanted to stuff her ears to stop the sound from entering but it was so loud that It wouldn't have helped. The only reason she stayed after the interview was to apologize to the director for her outburst on the stage earlier. But if she had known there will be a concert in the end, she would have left sooner without the apology.

She managed to survive and listen to his song till the end. She sighed with relief when the monstrosity finally ended, but the stupid audience kept screaming, "once more, Sho," again and again. Fortunately, there request wasn't granted and there wasn't another song.

Once the show was done, Kyoko straight went to the director and apologized but he ended up banning her from the whole TV station permanently for ruining the debut of his otherwise perfect show.

The day just kept getting worse and worse. She went down the hallway to look for the changing room so she could finally take the stupid chicken suit off and leave. As she paced the long corridor, she suddenly realised that she was humming the song through which she just barely survived. She gasped and clapped her forehead. After everything that happened today, her stupid mind had to find that specific song catchy. She did all that to drop Sho's reputation and eventually kick him out of the industry and here she was, humming his song like it was no big deal. She was disgusted by herself.

I'm stupid, I am an idiot, I am a moron, she stopped on the way and banged her head on the corridor wall with every insult to get the stupid song out of her head. I deserve to suffer for being such an idiot. Someone should just knock me out.

"Ouch." The last bang was a bit too hard so her head started spinning. She looked for a place to sit but didn't find any in the empty corridor so she just open the first door she could find and walked in like she owned the place.

No way, she stopped dead in her tracks after finding out who was inside. Of all the people in the world, I don't need to see when I've hit lower than rock bottom, he's number two on my list, she thought as she cursed her luck. How much worse can this day possibly get?

It was Ren Tsuruga. It looked like he was waiting for someone 'cause he was just sitting on a bench doing nothing. His expression was a little anxious.

Fortunately, he didn't notice Kyoko, as he was lost in his own thoughts.

I'll sneak out before he sees me. She was about to leave but the apprehensive look on his face captured her attention. It was the first time she had seen him like that. She wondered curiously what he was so concerned about.

Is he alright? No! I can't worry about that. And what if he recognises me? The last time they met was when she gave him the finger. She wasn't ready to face him yet, or ever for the fact of the matter.

In the end, she made up her mind to not risk facing him and leave him be. But the moment she turned, she heard him speak, "wait!"

Crap! He saw me. Why is he talking to me? What could he want?

"Hey, do you have a second?"

She tried to run away but he caught the chicken tail of her suit.

Leave me alone! I am just passing through minding my own business. What does a huge superstar like you want with a nobody in a chicken suit like me? But of course, she didn't have the guts to say it out loud.