𝐭𝐰𝐨.

WARNING: REFERENCE OF RAPE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT

a/n: These topics will never be glorified or romanticised in this story!

"Father! I want my personal servant replaced!"

Naobito lifted his gourd and took a large gulp before setting it down next to him. He started laughing hysterically until he noticed how serious his son appeared. 

"You're serious? Oh, well I told you he'd be an asset didn't I?"

"He's insane and I saw--" the words wouldn't come out.

He was trying to tell his father what he'd seen but he couldn't. The words were silent when he spoke. "Machi and--"

Naobito noticed the frustration his son was experiencing as he tried to finish his sentences. He chuckled and downed more of the alcohol in his gourd. 

"You must have made a promise."

"What?"

"It's a technique passed down in that boy's family. They've been loyal servants to me for years because of that technique."

"The Reversed Curse wouldn't--"

"No, boy. It's called Cursed Covenant, it works similar to a binding vow for when the user makes a promise it becomes impossible for the them and the second party to break them."

Naobito noticed his son trying to process his words and he bursted out into another fit of laughter. He grabbed his son shoulder and looked at him directly in the eyes. 

"Listen, if you make the right promise you can make them do anything. You know what I mean?" He quirked his brow inquisitively. Naoya just looked at him blankly. "Come on, no need to be shy! How old are you now? Seventeen almost eighteen?"

"I'm sixteen."

"Yeah, yeah. That's old enough." He dismissed his correction with his hand lazily. "Point is, these people literally will do anything you want. Even sex or pleasure, hell they'd give their lives with the right promise."

Naoya's eyes widened in realization of how dull and quiet Machi had appeared to be just moment ago. It had been due to the technique. 

'There has to be something. I'll obey every word you say without protest, I promise.'

In that moment, he remembered exactly what triggered his technique to activate.

"Now you're getting it. I've used your boy a few times myself just to make sure he actually inherited the technique."

"You what?" Naoya breathed.

Even he became sick simply by the thought. His father wasn't an amazing parental figure sure but he was physically ill just looking at him. He was furious in fact but he couldn't speak against him. At least not the way he is now.

Then another realization hit him like a ton of bricks. 'The day he first came my father had kept him behind to stay with him. That's why he flinched at my touch--'

"Besides, if he ever quit I'd just keep him myself," Naobito stated.

'I know, but I promise I won't cry. Never, ever!'

"That's why he promised and he never cried. He was trying to get away from you.." he muttered quietly. 

"Now you get it. Use him to your heart's content." Naobito waved his hand in dismissal and he took that as his cue to leave his room. 

naoya pov.

I stayed outside his door for a while to recollect my thoughts. God, this was disgusting. I couldn't get the horrifying image out of my mind. I placed my hand over my mouth in case I would throw up. I staggered down the hallway to my room with heavy feet. 

'All that time, I wondered why I couldn't break him. It's because he couldn't afford to. I mean Machi can't even cry.'

Before I knew it I was falling and everything went black. 

**

"Master, Naoya?"

I heard a familiar voice whisper from beside me. I turned my head to see Machi glancing down at me with a worried expression. He took the towel off my head and went off I assume to replace it. My mind was still a bit cloudy until I suddenly recalled the recent events. Then everything came back to me.

"Machi!" I called before rushing towards him and embracing him. My sudden weight caused him to lose his balance and both of us fell. 

"Master Naoya..?" 

"Cry, Machi. Just cry, already."

As I tightened my embrace and buried my face in his shoulder, I heard soft cries. Those soft cries soon turned to heavy tears. Machi held me tight in return and the years of bottled up tears ended up overflowing into this moment.

"N-Naoya, I'm sorry and I'm scared. I can't quit, I can't," he rambled between sobs. 

"I know, already."

present (four years later)

Naoya sat up in his bed and blocked the sun from hitting his eyes with his hand. He grumbled as his blanket fell down his body and bundled into his lap.

"I set you're clothes out over here. Please change into suitable clothing," Machi said as he stood next to his bed. 

"Why are you up so early?"

"That's actually my job."

"You probably wanted a glimpse of my body, right? I mean you can get a closer look if you want. All you have to do is ask," he said as he guided Machi's hand to his exposed chest. 

"Put on a shirt, Master Naoya."

"Though there's no fun that way," he insisted as he pulled Machi near him and ghosted his lips over his neck. 

Machi pulled the covers over his head and created some distance between them. Naoya removed the blanket from over his head and ran a hand through his hair. 

"You have an important meeting today. She's one of the candidates for your future wife," Machi explained.

"They're all beneath me. I want to spend my day with you," he whispered lowly into Machi's ear and snaked his hands around his waist. 

Machi knew better than to put any weight to his words. Naoya said many sweet nothings but when it really came down to it, he knew there was no feeling there. 

"You shouldn't speak down on your future wives," he said and broke free from his hold. "Get dressed."

"Anything for you, Machi," he said dramatically.