Chapter 7

(Unedited)

"Gudiya kuch bolo warna m ye darwaja tod dunga" (Say something or I will break this door)

I looked at him flabbergasted and pushed him under the bed. He was protesting to hide somehwhere else but I pushed him down and he crawled to hide under the bed again.

As the door breaks and bhai barges into my room, I stood silent with my eyes tightly shut.

"What took you so much time?" Bhai inquires with concern in his eyes.

"I was in the washroom" I smiled to cover up my lie.

"But as far as I know we do not have attached bathroom" Bhai cocked his eyebrow.

"Oh! Is that so?" I chewed my lips and he looked at me like I have grown two horns.

"I mean I just came from there and I was changing my clothes that's why I couldn't open the door" I fake laughed.

"But you are standing in the same clothes" bhai looked at me from head to toe.

"Yeah, I was about to change but before that you started banging the door" I made another excuse.

His eyes held suspicion as he was still not ready to buy my lie. 

"Bhai, teaching is my profession. Why are you busy in question answer session?" I tried to change the topic "See, in your rage you broke the door, now we have to spend money to fix it and that too unnecessarily"

He sighed.

"You could have told me. I got scared when you didn't respond" he said in care dipped voice.

"I am sorry" I mumbled.

"Acha chal ab koi baat nahi aaja beth ja or chai pee (Ok, Let it be. Come on, let's have tea) "

He said and moved towards the bed after bringing the tea into the room. Before I could stop him, he sat on the cot.

"Ahh" we heard a painful groan.

"Gudiya tune kuch suna? (You heard something?" He asked.

"No, bhai you are getting old. Your ears are ringing" I smiled.

Bhai shifted and made himself comfortable on the cot. This must be very hard for Rishi to control his movements. He was not ready to hide under the bed, it was me who forced him.

He is suffering because of me!

"Ab tu kiska intezar kar rahi hai? Aa beth (Now what are you waiting for? Come, sit)"

"Nahi bhaiya, I am fine" I smiled.

"But you were having head ache?" He inquired.

"Yeah! But my legs are working properly" I came back.

"Gudiya!" His voice held warning "Come and sir here, right now"

My feet started to move towards him on their own. As I sat on the cot, it started to move.

"Why is this cot moving so much?" Bhai inquired "Is there anything under it?"

"Yes"

"What?"

'Rishi'

His name was on my tongue. Biting my tongue, I gulped back my words.

"What?" Bhai asked again.

"Umm... bistar .... bistar hai (bedding)" I smirked again to hide my lie.

"Bistar khatiya k neeche rkhte hia? Koi keeda ghus gaya to (Do we put mattress under the bed? What if any insect enters it?)"