Chapter 8

Priya's POV

I wore simple Salwar Kameez and got ready on time to meet the boy whom Bhai has selected for me.

I don't know why I am not feeling good today, it is not like I don't want to marry, it is just whenever I am thinking about the wedding the only person who is coming to my mind is Rishi.

He is a bit crazy and a lot clingy but he has a pure heart.

The boy whom Bhai has selected has a lot of money, but I don't know about his nature, on the other I don't know about the income or profession of Rishi but I am sure that he will keep me happy no matter what the situation is.

I slapped my forehead. I don't know why I am comparing these two when I know that neither I do have any say in this nor I have any feelings for Rishi.

"Gudiya, let's go, the guests have arrived!" Bhai broke my chain of thoughts.

I smiled looking up at him.

"What happened Gudiya? Is everything fine? Why your smile is not reaching your eyes?" He asked cupping my cheeks.

"No- nothing! I am just nervous!" This is not true.

He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"It's ok! This is normal" he told me.

He is saying like he has experienced this before! He is the kind of man who runs away from girls whenever anyone tries to approach him!

He bent down to pick up the kohl and drew a small black circle behind my ear.

"This is to save you from evil eyes!" He told me "you are looking beautiful"

I smiled. My Bhai always compliments me, unlike others.

"Let's go!"

He turned to leave the room and I followed him. I gasped when I came out of my room, the whole house was decorated as if there is a wedding!

With wide eyes, I turned to face Bhai who was already looking at me with a wide grin on his face.

"What is this Bhai? Are you going to engage me today only?" I asked with squinted eyebrows. I didn't like the thought even one percent.

"Most probably!" He gave me a lopsided smile which is rare from a person who smiles very little.

"Bhai you said that final decision would be mine!" I almost whined,

I was on the verge of crying. I do not want to marry or get engaged to a stranger all of a sudden. I want time to understand him before jumping to any decision.

"It still holds true!" He said turning to me.

"Than why?" I asked.

"Because I am sure you will like the boy!" He told me.

"How could you be so sure bhai? Have you met him before?" I further inquired.

"No, I already liked his biodata but I saw and met him for the first time today and I must say that I am pretty impressed by his personality. His thinking and way of talking are quite attractive. I am sure that he will win your heart and will always keep you happy!" His eyes held security.

I pouted and looked down to hide my tears. I don't know anything!

"Now, don't overthink, go and prepare tea!" Bhai ordered and left me alone.

Not left with any option, I turned on my heels and went to the kitchen where Ramu Bhai was preparing Samosas for the guests. He turned to me but I ignored him and focused on my work.