000

Disclaimer: This is an inspired story from a korean drama.

«•»

"Hunter Montague. You will be in the Highest Mountains for the next five-thousand and five-hundred-sixty years."

The guy in a red cloak clenched his jaw upon hearing one of the Elders' voice. He didn't seem to expect that his punishment will be that long.

If a normal human would receive this kind of punishment, it can be considered as a lifetime imprisonment. But in their world, the people are different and the time is infinite.

In the back of his mind, he was thinking about what the healer said, before she turned into something evil.

"L-Lady Annascella, you're bleeding! Why did you do that?!"

"I need to do this to protect them, Hunter-"

"And it is my mission to protect you!"

"I know the consequences, Hunter. I'm sorry for doing this. Stop breaking the barriers between us! Y-You can't do anything about it.."

"I don't care about what will happen next. But I do care for the others around me."

"This is the only way!"

"We can ask the Elders about this!"

"No, Hunter. I already begged but they can't change the prophecy."

"Prophecy?"

"Please forgive me, Hunter.."

"Lady Annascella, no-"

"Please, Great Sage, be with my husband when I die.. guide him.. find my child outside this realm.. f-find h-him.. tell them that I am sorry and I love them so much.. Thank you.. Until then.."

When he opened his eyes, he's already in the mirror castle, where the heart of the Highest Mountains is located. His clothing wasn't the same as before and right now, he's wearing a white cloak.

His gaze are on his both wrist, and it went down to his left and right ankle. He rolled his eyes in dissapointment. The imprinted visible chains on his bare skin are irritating him.

His eyes wandered around the big castle. He could see no one but only himself, standing in the center of a quiet place. Chandeliers were placed above the high ceiling and medium-sized candles were scattered in every corner of the castle. Every step, he's like walking in a glass floor. His foot steps were echoing around the hall as he walk towards the white door.

"So, this is the Highest Mountains." he muttered sarcastically.

He can't even use his own gift because the chains that are in his body is stopping the energy of his powers to come out.

With high hopes, he tried to lift and move things up, snap a lot of times, calling his flames to come out and unlikely forcing himself to disappear but it seems like there's no other way to undo his power from being stuck inside him. He snorted faintly in amusement at his own movements.

He slowly glanced at the mirror infront of him before he murmured, "My powers are already sealed.." he then chuckled bitterly.

Years practically flew by, and he believe that his better days are coming which is being free from his imprisonment and free from the flat area he's seeing every single day.

"Twenty-four years left!" he shouted as if he's celebrating a victorious mission.

The clock strikes at 12 AM. It's midnight, and he's already in a deep sleep. Later on, he just found himself standing in a vast dark place, with no one and nothing can be seen.

He's in a dream.

He was walking in the middle of nowhere when he spotted a bright light, shining straightly into his direction. He immediately walked and started running as he tried to double his speed but sadly, he couldn't.

'Even in my dream.. I can't use my powers.'

He ended up catching his breath, trying to run as fast as he can. He couldn't use one of his abilities.

'The Elders are freaking insane for doing this!'

He began to slow down when he heard something.

"Hmmm~"

"Hmm~"

The voice is getting near.

"Hmmm~"

"Hmm-"

"Who are you?" he directly asked the little girl who passed by him.

"Are you possibly in a dream, Mister?" She's only a few meters away from him when she turned and walked slowly to see the latter's face.

"What's your name?"

"You first, Mister fairy, what's your name?"

"I am far away from fairies. I'm not one of them."

With a very curious face, she asked him again, "Then who are you, Mister?"

"I am the Great Sage, my little lady." he winked.

His gaze darted on the little girl's wrist. His eyes widened in awe, when he saw a birthmark on her right wrist.

A tiny rose with a flawless stem.

"Wha-" he was about to ask her about the mark when she interrupted him.

"I need to go now, Mister. Have a good sleep!"

"W-Wait!"

"Look for me in another world, Mister fairy. B-Bye!" She started to walk.

"Hey! I said I'm not a fairy!" he followed her from behind.

"Okay then, b-bye, Mister Great Sage!" The little girl waved her hands until a light appeared and swallowed her existence.

The left corner of his lips suddenly aroused.

'I'll find you, my little lady.'

-