PROLOGUE

"Holy moly! What is this again? Kararating ko lang! Ano na naman ba itong damit mo dito, Hunter!" He shouted as soon as he got in the house.

I didn't mind his annoying voice. Instead, I focused my eyes on the television show I am watching. It's an interview of a few medical doctors. Specifically, there are three of them. Two are wearing a rectangle-shaped glasses and the other one, is a beauty.

The interviewer were asking them about the new accident happened last week. I am actually bored and wanting to transfer in another channel but I am waiting for their statements. What would be their reactions if they will know the truth behind that unsolved case?

"How about you, Doctor Colson? What are your insights about the current case? I heard that a lot of civilians were involved."

The woman with a soft-wavy hair glanced at the interviewer before scanning the papers in her hands. She's not smiling nor putting a little expression on her face. I get it. Her aura is quite different from the other two doctors. She let out a small sigh before speaking.

"Fifty-four people died, seventy-five are still unconcious and thirty people are currently missing.  It's been a week since the accident happened and according to the police, they still weren't able to find any evidence from where the fire started."

No any evidence yet? Seriously? I thought police officers in this place are smarter than usual? If they would search the whole building slowly and surely, I think they can find their so-called evidence. The only problem is, they're always in a hurry. That's why they couldn't find any piece or what.

"Tha—" I wasn't able to finish hearing the interviewer's words when the screen turned black.

"What the fudge?" I whispered out.

"I already told you not to hang your coat on my statue!"

"Is it my fault that your statue was placed near the front door?" I snorted. "And why did you turned off the TV?"

He remained silent as he sat on the single couch while my black coat are still on his arms. "Ngayon lang kita nakitang manood ng gano'n, Hunter. What's with you today?"

"I was finding a nice channel to watch."

"That's it? Are you sure?"

"What else, Rook?" I said before sipping the glass, filled with four seasons juice. "I really hate four seasons."

I was forced to prepare this juice for myself because aside from being not allowed to return in our world, I am also banned from drinking alcohols. And those kind of drinks are my weaknesses. Before, I thought I couldn't live without drinking three to four bottles a day but as I learned to hydrate myself, I get used with it until now.

In the past years of my life, I only drink water once a month. It's funny how I manage to drink every minute now. Liquors and wine was my everyday buddy. And I don't get drunk even if I drink hundreds of bottles per day.

Since I am not allowed to drink any of it for now, I am just collecting them and putting it in my own wine cellar or store them in my other house. Several times I tried to drink secretly because of thirst of its taste but the other deities kept appearing and stealing it away from me.

"E, bakit kaba umiinom n'yan?" he muttered, before getting the glass out of my hand. "It's mine and it's my favorite, not yours."

"'Yan lang ang nakita kong nasa fridge. You didn't buy groceries."

The fridge is honestly empty right now. Maybe I should ask Everett to go in the mall. That woman is not easy to please but when you tell her that she's about to get new things because of that, she would probably drive all the way in.