𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

-----

-----

My cousin Miyeon earnestly cautioned me, "Soyeon, I beg of you, don't even think about going there, no matter how intrigued you are by the chatter of other students. Please, for heaven's sake, disregard them."

She was referring to a forsaken mansion in the vicinity of our school, notorious for being haunted. People have shared spine-chilling stories about eerie happenings within its walls.

"I don't see any signs of it being haunted," I responded nonchalantly.

"Are you serious, Soyeon?! The rumors are all over the campus. You can't possibly be considering going there?"

"Well, my curiosity is piqued, so perhaps."

"Jeon Soyeon, have you lost your mind?!" she cried out. "There's a chance you might not be able to escape once you step foot in that dreadful house."

"I'm still mulling it over, eonnie."

"Soyeon, I know you too well. Once your curiosity is sparked, there's no stopping you."

She was right. If I become curious about something, I won't rest until I've uncovered the truth.

"Goodness, you're incorrigible. It's perilous out there, you could be risking your life. I don't want anything bad to happen to you," she warned, her voice filled with genuine concern. Despite her worries, I felt an inexplicable pull towards the house.

"Don't fret, eonnie. I'll be cautious, I promise," I reassured her with a comforting smile.

She let out a sigh of disbelief and retorted, "Since you're so stubborn, all I can say is be careful. Call me immediately if you need my presence; I don't want you to venture there alone."

"I will, thank you, eonnie," I responded cheerfully before taking a sip from my drink.

They often say, "Curiosity killed the cat," but that doesn't deter me. While I acknowledge that curiosity can sometimes lead to danger, I also believe in the adage, "satisfaction brought it back." That is to say, the rewards might outweigh the risks, and I'm prepared to take that leap.

//