First Step

Beth's POV

"Okay, so does everyone know what's going to happen? Natasha is going to ask him out and then they're both going to go to costa later and the rest of us will be at mine. Then after the date, Natasha comes back to mine and we'll listen to the recording and sort everything out for tomorrow. Got it?" I asked everyone.

Everyone nodded. Just then, I saw Charlie and his "crew".

"Right, Natasha here's your chance. Everyone else, behind that shed so that Charlie and his so called "gang" can't see us."

Natasha's POV

While everyone else went and hid behind the shed, I got a thumbs up from Beth and walked up to Charlie.

"Char Char, can I speak to you for a minute?" I asked, twirling my hair around my finger as I did to.

"Sure." He replied and I took hold of his hand and took him over to the tree.
It was close enough for the others to hear and possibly see what was going on but not close enough for Charlie to see them. Right, here goes.

"So, what's up?" He asked.

"Look, the thing is, I really like you Charlie. Like, really really like you. It's just, the way you smile and the way you always look perfect, it just makes me more and more attracted to you every day. I just, I think I'm falling in love with you." I told him, and the whole time I was looking into his eyes.

He paused for a minute and looked straight at me. "I've been waiting so long for you to say that. I've always wanted to say something like that to you, but I guess I never had the balls to do so. But I'm not falling in love with you Natasha. I'm pretty sure I'm in love with you. So Natasha, will you go out with me?"

"Of course!" I replied and we hugged.

Over Charlie's shoulder I could see Beth's head poking out from behind the shed. I gave her a thumbs up and she nodded her head and then her head disappeared back behind the shed.

"So do you want to go to costa after school? We could try to get to know each other a little better there." I said, breaking the hug.

"Sure, I'd love to." Charlie said, with a genuine smile on his face.

Little does he know that in less than 24 hours he's going to be humiliated in front of the entire school...