Playing Games

Beth's POV

If that's how you wanna play then I'll play. I always win games.

What does that mean? Is the question that I've been asking myself for the past couple of days. I don't think he'll do anything. He wouldn't. Would he?

But I can't be worrying about that now. Tonight is the gig in Glasgow. The first time Lewis my boyfriend) has ever seen me live. I can't wait.

But there was something at the back of my mind. Was it something I said? Or something Charlie said? Or something completely different? Either way, I couldn't stop thinking about whatever it was. It can't have been that important anyway.

I had to do my warm up and Lewis was at the side of the stage watching me the whole time. I love him so much. We've only been dating a few months but I have loved him more in those months than I did with Charlie in a year.

After my warm up, I walked off stage to be greeted by Lewis.

"Hey babe. You were amazing up there."

"Babe, that was just my warm up."

"Exactly. If that's just a warm up then you'll be spectacular up there tonight."

We both leaned in and our lips were millimetres away from touching when there was a cough behind us. I turned around. Charlie.

"Well well well. Look who it is."

"Charlie, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I'm just here to meet the famous Lewis."

"I can see what you meant by how big a dick he is." Lewis whispered in my ear. I laughed.

"I heard that." Charlie stated. "Don't start getting clever with me mate. I'm not one to mess with."

"Yeah? Well don't start messing with me and especially not my girlfriend. You got that?"

"Look, no one even knows you. You're nobody. Why are you even here?"

"To support Beth. Which is more than you've ever done."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. When you two were going out, when did you ever support her?"

"I always supported her. I loved her. She was my everything." His eyes started to water. "I'll admit, it was my own fault that I lost her. But if I could go back and change what happened, I would. Because it was only when I met her that by world got better. Because she was my world. And if you ever screw her over, you'll have me to answer to." Charlie turned around and walked off.

I had tears in my eyes at this point also. He really did care. And he still does.

"Ha! Pathetic! Just ignore him babe, you've got me now." Lewis said, wrapping his arms around me.

"No Lewis. You don't get it. He was my first love. We went out for about a year. Yes, towards of the end of our relationship he was a dick but he still cares." I said, and ran off to find Charlie, leaving a bewildered Lewis behind.

"Charlie! Charlie, wait." I shouted, running out of the fire exit.

He turned around. "Beth?"

"Look, I'm sorry for arguing with you. And I'm sorry we fell out. This is stupid. All the time you've come to my gigs, you've tried to patch things up between us. And I've kept on pushing you away. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry. Please, forgive me?"

"Beth -"

I didn't want to hear what he had to say. But I didn't run away either. Instead, I crashed my lips on to his. I didn't know what I was doing. But it felt right. After a minute, he pulled away.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"I don't know."

"Was it a goodbye kiss or-"

"I don't know Charlie. I need to think about a few things. Is it alright if we meet up after the gig?"

"Sure where?"

"I dunno. I'm not telling Lewis though. I'll text you after the gig to sort something out."

"Okay. I guess I'll see you later then."

"Yeah. See ya."

Charlie's POV

What was that all about? I know I said I was going to play games with her, but I was only angry. I could never do anything to hurt her any more. But if I play my cards right, Lewis will soon be gone. And she'll be all mine.