Chapter 11

Wayne's POV

After Clara was out of my sight, I did a small check on the trunk beside my bed. It was covered with fabric so it would become difficult for anyone here to figure out what was inside it.

There wasn't anything important in the trunk except for the writings of my forefathers that were passed on to my father and then me. The writings were reached to me just recently, a few weeks back and it was then I took the decision to have a child.

From a female omega.

The best of this kind.

My mother—who I had never seen or met was an omega and so was my grandmother. It was the only secret of the Nightstalkers Pack, to breed omegas and to have children that were much stronger than any other pack's children.

There was a long history to the secret. Omegas were strong and intelligent, they were known to rule packs centuries ago, until we—Alphas came along and stripped them away from their titles, making them one of the weakest link of a pack. We forced them to submit to us, to obey us.

No one knew the truth.

No one had too.

The truth about the omegas were only passed down to the wolves of my family. It was a dirty secret that made us—me stronger than any other pack's Alpha. It was a wicked tactic that made this pack above any other.

I spent weeks, looking for a true omega to use and when I found her, I wasted no time. Clara was just the perfect omega I could've ever wanted. Although, she did have her own tricks and plans but it didn't worry me.

At the end of the day, there wasn't much an omega could do, even if it wanted too.

I returned to my office after hearing my wolves arriving at the house. An important meeting took place. The pack party was still a few days away but I had to inform my men on what we were looking for—for when everyone would be at the house and the streets would be empty, free of wolves.

The party was a facade, a cover up.

I smelled deception in the streets of this town. It wasn't the rogues nor the hunters. It was something else. Something worse. I just couldn't get to it. Rumors were being spread around, wolf psychic's were giving statements and even the lunar cycle was warning us.

"While the party is going on, I'll need a few of us to search a couple of houses that I have marked. Get anything that may seem suspicious, that would also include any drugs." I explained to the men sitting in front of me.

"We also suspect they might be a few rogues hiding on these grounds." Brian continued.

"Right!" I agreed. "Whatever wrong you may find, seize it and get it to me immediately. I'll be at the party along with Brian so we raise no suspicion." I sighed, relaxing back on the seat. There was a worry and we just needed to capture it before it spread through the town.

"What are we exactly looking for, Alpha?" Alex asked, confusion swirled in his voice as he spoke.

I shrugged, not knowing either, "Anything that may seem suspicious. While we will be talking politics, you'll be searching the houses of those we perceive dubious and that would include the outskirts of the town—were the omegas live."

They were known to throw unnecessary riots in the middle of the year, causing trouble and diminishing the peace that I had held up in this place for so long. Whilst I couldn't hold them guilty, I sure could search their houses for anything.

In the thick silence, the wolves nodded to me, understanding my commands. I allowed them to leave once I had shared the map with them and the certain houses they needed to search.

Everyone left soon enough but I held Brian back.

"Have you improved your behavior against omegas?" I questioned while pressing the tip of my pen. It was difficult to control Brian in any way, he was simply obnoxious and kicking him out was also impossible.

When my Father passed away and things went astray, I took a debt from his parents in return of making his son a Beta, a position no money could get once upon a time. They agreed.

The debt had been repaid, along with all the interest but I couldn't find anything against Brian to kick him out of his position. Even though I wanted too.

"Against omegas or against one certain b—omega?" He asked, not answering my question.

"I warned you." I threatened him.

"I'm trying," His eyes spun to the roof. "It's not like I can suddenly become a better person, Wayne."

"Alpha." I stopped him before he went any further. There was no one in this town that could take my name. I hadn't given anyone that position, yet.

"Alpha..." He let out a low growl. "May I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Do you have an interest in that one certain omega? For all I have heard, she befriends rats and then eats them up sometimes and barely takes a shower in a year. Ugh, the smell, it's filthy—and I can smell it everywhere." Brian exaggerated while sniffing the room and gagging.

I took another breath, ignoring his bullshit. Clara didn't smell filthy to me, she was like a lily in spring and sometimes, when I breathed down her neck, she smelled like jasmine.

Although, that was rare.

"Whether I have an interest or not, I would really prefer if you stop bullying her and teasing her." I stated after a lengthy silence.

The look I gave Brian made it sound much serious. "Fine. I'll try."

"Get out now. I have other things to take care off." I pulled myself forward and slid a few papers towards me.

Brian opened his mouth to say something but when no words reached his throat, he snarled, spun his eyes once more and walked out of my office while slamming the door hard.

It was getting harder to control teenagers in this time. My Father had it so much easier when he was the Alpha—I had it so much easier when I was a teen myself. We barely had issues with omegas or anyone.

Read up to chapter 47 on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr