Puppy Rescue (Stuckony)

AU where Steve and Bucky bring home a puppy from the fair.
If you want, you can consider it the sequel for Soulmates or something
Major fluff ahead!

"Steeeeeve look!"
Bucky pointed to the map of the park where the fair was hosted. He spent the whole afternoon pointing at the stands and running around like a little kid. But he was smiling, and for Steve that was enough.
Since he and Tony took him back to the tower with them, they had been trying to make him happy, but nothing seemed to work. But then Steve remembered how happy Bucky was when they went to the fair back in the 40s.
He was not wrong. Bucky had been smiling all day and, for once, he thought that things could actually be better. Even if it was just for an afternoon, Bucky had forgotten both about Hydra and of not having an arm, because his was home, being worked on by Tony.
They walked through the stands, with Bucky insisting to get fair food and begging Steve to try and win for him cute stuffed animals, even though Bucky had a much better aim then Steve and he ended up giving all of his prizes to the kids that topped them.
Much to his surprise, they didn't only stop them because of Steve being Captain America, but also because they recognised him as Sergeant Barnes. Bucky couldn't know that, between those kids who knew about him because they had been to the Smithsonian, quite a lot didn't want to be Cap, but his trusted sidekick Bucky.
And when the kids pulled their parent's shirts to catch their attention, informing them that Bucky was not dead after all, he couldn't bring himself to keep the small toys just for him. Giving away all of his prizes also meant that he could annoy Steve just a bit more to win more prizes, so it was really a win win situation

"Steve, look! Puppies!"
Bucky took Steve's hand and dragged him to the puppy adoption stand.
There was a big banner with puppies dressed as the Avengers printed all over it. "Captain Puppy, you're my hero!" was the slogan.
Bucky chuckled, thinking of Steve and Tony dressed in their uniform with a matching dog.
Bucky asked the lady at the front tabelle if he could pet the dogs and walked into the small cage with the puppys.
"Steve, look how cute they are!" he said, holding in front of him a small, fuzzy golden retriever.
Steve took a picture and sent it toTony before putting his phone in his pocket.
"Buck we didn't come here to get a dog" Steve replied chuckling.
Bucky pouted, but before he could reply, a kid took Steve by his hand.
"Mister Captain America can you sign my cap?"
Steve kneeled next to the kid, took the sharpie from his hand and signed the small cap with his face printed on it.
"Jimmy there you are"
The kid's mom ran to them, visibly worried about her son.
"Mommy mommy look. Captain America signed my cap!"
She shook her head and laughed.
"But you have to tell me where you're going"
Steve stood up and looked down to the kid.
"Jimmy, did you run away from your mom?" he asked, putting on his stern Captain voice.
The kid nodded, half hidden behind his mom's leg.
"You have to tell your mom if you want to go somewhere. You understand me? We wouldn't want to scare her now would we?"
Jimmy shook his head, hiding further behind his mother.
"Thank you Captain America" said the mother, shaking Steve's hand.
"Bump fist?" Steve asked the kid.
Jimmy quickly bumped his fist on Steve's.
"Thank you Mr. Captain America"

Steve went back to where he left Bucky, laughing.
"Did you know that the kids call me Mister Captain America? It makes me feel old" he said leaning on the fence of the puppy cage.
Bucky was sitting on the ground, giving his back to Steve.
"Well, you are old"
"You're older, though"
Bucky chuckled when the puppy licked his face.
"Buck, what you have there?"
"A cute cute puppy" he replied, still not turning towards Steve.
"Bucky, we're still not getting a dog."
Bucky got up, turning to Steve with the puppy in his arms.
"Look how cute it is"
It had black and white fur and two piercing blue eyes.
"Yes, it's very cute. But who's gonna tell Tony?"
"Tony is engineered specifically in order not to say no to us"
Steve rolled his eyes and looked at his boyfriend, who was petting the dog.
Steve noticed that the puppy had a missing leg and the more he looked at the dog, the more it reminded him of Bucky.
Bucky noticed that Steve was looking at the puppy and, as soon as Steve looked back at him, he put on his best puppy eyes, knowing that Steve couldn't resist them.
"Please Stevie, look at him in the eyes and tell him that he's not coming home with me, because I don't have the heart to do so"
The two puppies looked at Steve, the small one with his little tongue out, the big, beefy one fluttering his long eyelashes.
"Goddammit Buck" Steve said, looking for the lady to sign the paperwork.
"Yay" bucky whispered in the puppy's ear.

Steve opened the door of the lab, where Tony was working on his projects.
"Hay babe, how it went"
Steve st next to him.
"I have good news and bad news".
Tony let go of what he was doing.
"Good first"
"For once, I was the responsible one and in my defense, I tried to stop him"
Tony looked at Steve, worried and confused.
"What did you two do?"
"Buck, come in"
Bucky walked into the room holding the puppy with his hand.
"Bad news is, we now have a dog"
Tony looked at Bucky and then at Steve. He got up and ran to Buck, taking the dog.
"It's so cute"
Bucky stuck his tongue out at Steve.
"Told you"
Tony ran to his holographic table, closing the project for Peter's new suit and opening a blank blueprint.
Bucky settled between Steve's thighs and Steve closed his grips with his arms.
Tony started a new design, holding the dog close to his chest.
"I'm gonna make a matching arm for you two. It's going to be so cute" he said, smacking a kiss on the dog's head and then on Bucky's lips.