I Wish (Stuckony)

NA: credits of the fanart to the artist
AU where Steve's on a mission but something's wrong with his boyfriend, Bucky, and asks his best friend Tony to help.

Steve woke up to a weirdly strange sensation. Something was wrong with Bucky. Steve was on the other side of the world from Bucky but nevertheless he could sense that something was not ok. In all of his hundred years of age, he was always able to tell whether Bucky was ok or not. Hell, he had known that guy for all his life, they had always been more than friends and closer than brothers. There was a special connection between the two of them and it was thanks to that connection if they were able to tell if the other was ok. And Bucky wasn't.
Steve loved Bucky, like loved loved Bucky. Since he woke up from the ice he had hoped he could have his boyfriend back, and well, the way he got Bucky back was not how he expected it to be.
Steve was on a mission in Antarctica with Nat. He didn't really know what to expect there but apparently it was important and maybe -most likely- dangerous. Bucky was still recovering at Stark Tower and they had to leave him back. Steve didn't like staying away from Bucky for too long but he knew it was the best for the two of them. Plus Bucky was in good hands. But that feeling was not going away no matter how much he told himself that everything was fine.
There was one person back in New York he trusted more than everybody: Tony. Steve couldn't count on the fingers of his hands how many time the disagreements between him and the genius became heated arguments and eventually physical fights. No one could stop them, they tried, but eventually ended up understanding that the two of them had to sort it out by themselves. The fights usually ended with them lying on the floor, with their heads way too close and with Tony offering him a glass of his best scotch. Deep down Steve liked fighting with Tony. Don't get him wrong, Steve never liked fighting with his friends, he just liked getting physical with Tony, that was all.

It was late at night in New York when FRIDAY allerted Tony of an incoming call from Captain Rogers. But it wasn't a problem for the billionaire who was working in his lab without even realizing that three days had passed since the last time he stepped in the real world.
"Capsicle! To what i owe the pleasure?"asked with an unusual energy for someone who hadn't slept in three days.
"Tony I need your-wait you haven't left the lab and got some sleep in forever, have you?" Steve knew Tony way too well.
"Daddy's not here to put me to bed" pouted Tony and Steve smiled. Despite their differences, Steve was the only one, after Pepper left, who could put Tony to sleep, many had tried and all had failed, all except Steve. It was indeed the "putting Tony to sleep" topic the reason to most of their arguments and both of them couldn't say they didn't enjoy it.
"Well for once your messed up sleeping schedule may come in handy."
Tony stopped doing whatever he was doing. "Go on"
"I have this strange feeling about Bucky, can you please check up on him?"
Tony nodded and left the lab for the first time in forever, walking to Steve and Bucky's room. The room was big and full of pictures of the couple together. It was kinda painful to look at all of that for Tony. He desperately wanted to be in those pictures in the place of Bucky, but he knew he could never.
Tony's jaw dropped when he entered the room. "Fuck"
"Language" answered Steve over the comms before seeing what Tony was seeing and dropping his own jaw.
Bucky escaped. Well, not really, he was free to go every time he liked, so escape is not the right verb. It was better to say, Bucky had left. Tony promised Steve not to worry about it, he would have done everything he could to find Bucky and bring him back safe and sound. Hell, Tony would give the best of him even in making pancakes if Steve asked him to.

Steve liked Tony but he would not admit it to himself or to anyone because of Bucky. He had lost him and found him again, he could not lose him again. Plus he loved him, he loved both of them. On the other hand, Tony liked Steve too, but the reason he could do nothing about it it was once again Bucky. Tony liked Bucky, he really did, he forgave him everything and he could see that the two super soldiers were happy together and who was he to step between them?