5 - Behold the Handsomeness

Hobi entered the castle grounds and looked around, observing the area that was covered in beautiful flowers in multiple colors as he wondered where he could possibly find the king. He kept on walking until he came across an unusual sight.

Three white alpacas were scurrying around a rose bush with worried looks on their faces. They had paintbrushes in their mouths and were dipping them in cans of pink paint before splattering them onto the blue roses.

"How could we have done such a thing?" one of the alpacas asked. "Planting blue roses by mistake?"

"Well, it's not my fault! I didn't know he had started liking pink again!" another one replied.

"Um, pardon me, but what are you doing?" Hobi asked as he approached them.

"What does it look like we're doing?" the third alpaca replied. "We've got to paint these blue roses pink before the king catches us!"

Suddenly, loud trumpets sounded out of nowhere, and the alpacas instantly froze. More alpacas marched into the area in two straight lines, and Jimin appeared before them.

"Presenting the hyung we all look up to, the wise and ancient man who doesn't look nor act his age, the smart problem-solver who always wins, the one who believes in confidence and not cockiness, and the best-looking visuals of them all, His Royal Highness, the Worldwide Handsome King of Diamonds!"

The trumpets sounded again, and behind Jimin appeared the king, who was a handsome young man wearing a pink suit with a silver cape, and a crown made of diamonds and crystals was perched nicely on his head.

And yes, it was Jin.

Hobi stared at the oldest member in surprise as the three alpacas bowed fearfully, making him feel like he needed to bow too as he got down on the ground. Jin looked at them with a gentle smile, but when he turned to the rose bush and saw the pink paint on the blue roses, he instantly glared at the alpacas.

"You were painting the roses!? What was wrong with just taking them out and replanting them!? You honestly thought you could get away with this!?"

The alpacas quickly tried to apologize, but Jin didn't want to hear any of it.

"Off with their heads!" A few of the other alpacas immediately took hold of them and carried them away, and Jin began complaining as he talked fast, as if he was rapping. Hobi couldn't help but raise his eyebrows.

"Uh, hello, Jin-hyung!" he said. "I always knew you were a king, but I didn't think you'd take it this far!"

Jin turned to him as if it was the first time he noticed him. "Oh, are you my competitor in the game?"

"What game?"

"The game that's about to start now! Duh!"

"Oh! Well, uh, no. I was just here to ask you if I can go home. Back to the place where I came from, that is."

Jin looked over him up and down. "You're definitely not from here, and I doubt you even belong here anyway. I don't usually let anyone leave my land, but I guess I can make an exception for you."

"Really?"

"That is, if you beat me in this game. If you win, you can go home. But if I win, you have to stay here forever."

Hobi thought about that. It was a risky gamble, but if that was the only option he had, he'll take it. So he nodded.

"Deal. So what game are we playing?"

"What could possibly be better than fishing?"

"Fishing?"

With that, a lake instantly appeared before them, and they were each given a fishing pole.