Chapter 29

Chungha had come to meet up with Seulgi at the practice room in one of SM's buildings and they were both practicing for their upcoming collaboration: 'Wow Thing'. However, after a long evening of practicing and feeling their bodies run out of energy, it was probably time to stop.

"Here," Chungha spoke as she handed her a small towel.

"Thanks," she smiled and wiped off the sweat on her forehead and neck. "What time is it?" she then asked her and went to grab her phone to check the time.

"Quarter past eleven," Chungha said as she already checked it. "Should we call it a day?" she then asked, knowing they had been practicing for more than six hours already.

"Yeah," Seulgi breathed out. "I like the sound of that."

"Soyeon texted me and said she has time to practice with us tomorrow," Chungha then told her as she scrolled through her phone.

"Really? That's great," Seulgi said, knowing that Soyeon had just come back from the US and was also busy preparing for another comeback. She tied her hair up in a messy bun and went to grab her bag and jacket. "How are you getting home?"

"Taeyong is actually coming to pick me up," Chungha told her and Seulgi raised her eyebrows slightly.

"Oh, really?" she said, but to her dislike it came out more as a shocking statement and she didn't know why. "Going on a date?" she then said with a teasing smirk.

"No," Chungha smiled sadly. "I wish we could but we don't have that much time."

"You sound really down when you're saying that," Seulgi commented and sat down on the sofa in the corner of the room. "Is something wrong?"

"I don't know, Seulgi." Chungha sighed and sat down beside her. "I feel like something's off with Taeyong but I don't know what it is."

"Did he do something?"

"No. It's not about what he has done, but what he hasn't done."

Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head in confusion. "What he hasn't done?" she asked, causing Chungha to shrug her shoulders.

"We haven't really talked that much recently and when we do he feels very off and distant. I feel like there is something that's bothering him but I just can't figure out what it is," Chungha tried to explain and Seulgi nodded her head understandingly.

"Maybe he just feels overwhelmed with all the work right now?" she guessed. "He's been busy promoting with NCT 2018 and you know how the company likes to overwork him," she then added with a small hint of shade in her voice.

"Maybe," Chungha mumbled. "It just feels weird that he's not telling me what's bothering him. He always tells me how he feels but right now he's being very secretive."

"He probably just doesn't want to feel like a burden to you. You've been really busy yourself with your comeback and this collaboration, so maybe he thinks it's the best for you to focus on your work for now?"

Chungha stayed silent for a few seconds which made Seulgi clear her throat. "I know I'm not the best at relationship advice or anything like that, but I know Taeyong really does love you and I don't think there's anything negative behind his behaviour. At least not towards you."

A small small crept up on Chungha's face and she nodded. "You're probably right."

"Yeah and he's coming to pick you up so maybe you two can have a heartful chat and just talk things through," Seulgi suggested with a smile.

Chungha's smile widened to a grateful one. "Thank you for listening to me, Seul. Really."

"You don't have to thank me," Seulgi stated. "This is what friends are for. To listen to each other's thoughts and feelings, right? I'll always be here if you need anyone to talk to."

Chungha was about to thank her again but shifted her focus on her phone as she heard the sudden message signal. "Oh, he's here already. He's waiting outside in the parking lot."

"Let's go then?" Seulgi said and they both got up and walked out of the practice room.

When they got out of the building Seulgi spotted the black van right outside, knowing it was her manager. She then gazed around the parking lot and spotted Taeyong standing by his car as well, just a few meters away. He had put his hands in his jeans pockets and was leaning onto his car.

He looked exhausted.

"Alright, make sure to get a good night's sleep. We're going to practice the whole day tomorrow," she informed as she turned to Chungha.

"Yes ma'am," she saluted with a giggle, causing Seulgi to roll her eyes playfully but still pull her in a tight hug.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Seul,"

"Good night," Seulgi whispered and let go of the hug before Chungha jogged towards her boyfriend.

"Hi baby!" she squealed happily as she hugged Taeyong tightly after what felt like forever.

Seulgi, on the other hand, felt a weird feeling in her gut. Not because they were all lovey dovey and she felt the jealousy hit her as he was hugging Chungha tightly. But she felt a weird feeling because as he hugged her back and whispered what seemed to be: "I missed you."

His eyes were glued on Seulgi. 

--------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hey everyone!
I hope you are both doing and feeling great❤️

I know the last few chapters have been short and this chapter is even shorter but it's because I've had such a big writer's block for these chapters and to be honest, I'm not that proud over this chapter in particular but I hope it's okay at the least.

However, the next chapter will be longer and... may I spoil that it's one of the last chapters of this story?👀 Make sure to bring some snacks while you read it😂

I'm not sure when I'll be able to update it because I have final exams and essays the next few weeks but I'll try my best to update asap for you all.

Love, Somini