Chapter 31

Seulgi closed her eyes as she reached down to her toes, feeling her leg muscles lengthen. She then proceeded to stretch her arms and back, waiting for the other girls to arrive at the practice room.

She heard the door open and turned her head to the left, seeing Chungha walk in.

"Good morning," she smiled but was quickly met by a cold look from her.

"Is everything alright?" Seulgi asked, a clear worried expression shown on her face.

"I can't believe I considered you as my friend," Chungha spoke, looking at Seulgi with anger as she walked towards her.

"W-what?" Seulgi said, confused. "What are you saying?"

"You act as if you're such an angel who wants the best for everyone but in reality you're just a selfish bitch," Chungha spoke through her teeth, as if scolding Seulgi who was now completely taken aback.

"Excuse me?" she furrowed her eyebrows. "Chungha, what the heck are you talking about?"

"I just broke up with Taeyong this morning."

"What?" Seulgi widened her eyes. "Why? what happened?"

Chungha felt herself snickering at Seulgi's obliviousness. "Don't act so stupid, Seulgi. If it weren't for you, there wouldn't have been any trouble between me and him. Everything is your fucking fault," she said, pointing a finger at Seulgi.

"I'm sorry Chungha, but I seriously don't have any idea why you are mad at me," Seulgi spoke up and took a small step back. "Can we please talk like two adults? Because I really don't understand why you are being mad at me. And can you please explain to me how it is my fault you broke up with Taeyong?"

Before Chungha could answer her, the door opened and Soyeon walked into the practice room.

"Hello ladies," Soyeon smiled and Chungha turned to her, plastering a smile on her face and jogging towards Soyeon to give her a hug, acting like nothing had happened or that she didn't just say those harsh words to Seulgi.

Not many minutes later, Eunbi got to the building and they began practicing for their collaboration. And for the whole day, Chungha had not spared a glance or shared a word more with Seulgi.

—————————————

"Taeyong!" Seulgi shouted as she knocked on the door to his new apartment. Oh, how she wished he never moved out in the beginning of the year so Youngho or someone else could open the door for her.

She took a glance at her wrist watch. 20:38.

"Maybe he's not home yet?" she asked herself before shaking her head. "No, he should be," she said and knocked on the door.

"Lee Taeyong!" she shouted once again. "Open up the goddamn door!"

She clicked on the doorbell multiple times before she raised her hand to knock on the door again. However, as she was about to do so, the wooden door disappeared from her sight and instead, he appeared.

He was dressed in gray sweats and a white t-shirt and his eyes were swollen, indicating that he most definitely had been crying. Her eyes immediately softened as she saw him in this state and she felt her shoulders loosen up.

"Hi," she spoke softly. "How are you?"

"What are you doing here?" he asked her with a low and tired voice.

"I came here to..." she trailed off, not knowing if this was the right time to talk about Chungha. "Oh screw it," she then thought immediately after.