~30. Mercy was never an option~

[Art by MelodyStarzXD on twitter!]

A/N: Only updated cause i was bored and wrote during class, dont think im going to finish this that fast dhdnjsk

-
-
Select Character

[Dream] <
[Sapnap]
-
-

A loud, deep sound resonated through Dream's whole body.

Someone opened de portal...

Being honest, after the incident with Techno and the other team, he decided to resign from going to The End. What was the point anyway? Techno was more known than him, not like he wanted fame or anything, and killing the dragon once more after many other times, wouldn't give him any satisfaction.

Plus, it would only wake up memories from...

Anyway, the sound he heard must have been that. He knew it too well.
When the portal is activated, a mystery sound would appear every time around an area of 100km2. Some have gone further enough to theorize it's the cry of the dragon that reached the Overworld through the portal, but there was not enough proof of that.

"Might as well check it out", he sighed to himself, getting up from his resting spot and getting his hands to work.

From his experience, he learned to recognize where an End Portal is with simple signs. Usually, you can just use the sound of its activation as a reference, and follow that path until you see some out-of-place ruins on the surface. Then, the only thing left would be having to dig down, but he assumed the hero who opened it would have done that already.

After some minutes, he was there. There was a clear hole leading to a huge cave, which also leads to the Stronghold.

Without much hesitation, he jumped down and started exploring. It wasn't too long till he found the structure and the portal room. To his surprise, Techno was there already... playing- poker? With a dog and........... a baby dragon?????????????

"Techno?!? Wha-"

"I LOST AGAIN??!?!?", he angrily screamed while slamming his cards to the floor and standing up. "THIS IS A SCAM!"

After he calmed a bit, he noticed the presence of Dream.
"Oh, hey there", he awkwardly greeted the other.

Meanwhile, Dream was dying on the floor, struggling to breathe from laugher. "YOU- *HAAHSYAGDJASGFJAFBSDHJFGWFAAAAAAAAAAAA* YOU LOST TO THAT?????? YOU LITERALLY *insert teapot sound* YOU LITERALLY HAVE MORE BRAIN THAN THAT THING", he managed to say, pointing towards Subs who was eating the cards.

"hhHHHHHHHH...". They both stayed in silence for a moment. "... why are you here?"

"I should be asking you the same question", replied Dream, taking a seat next to the pig.

Techno looked around. "Well, as you can see, I'm at the portal room"

"Yeah I noticed, but... wait", he realized something was odd. "Where's the portal? I came here because I heard it was activated but-"

"¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

How did he say that out loud-?

"*cough* Where you here when it was opened? Or did you come after, like me?"

"I was here the whole time since those nerds arrived"

"Nerds?", it took him some time to remember them. "OH, you mean Badboyhalo and his friends? Uuhhh... Skippy and abc?"

"Hhee, yeah those 3". Techno paused for a bit, unsure of adding the other person.

Dream realized though. He didn't know Techno enough to read his thoughts, but they have still spent some time together and knew that expression. "You are hiding something else?? why"