Can I be your bride (Mitsuri x reader)

⚠️Major Demon Slayer manga spoilers⚠️

Genre: angst

Warning: death

_______________________________

It was over. It was finally over. You had won. Muzan was dead. He had been defeated. No more demons would come, you could finally be at peace. But most of the Hashira died. Including you and your lover. Kanroji Mitsuri. You knew there was small time before you die, and, with all the strength left in you, you tried to find your girlfriend. You had been separated from her when you were both fighting. You just simply wish that she was alive. You just wanted her to be able to live happily. "Please be alive Kanroji I'm begging you to be alive...."  tears started to form in your eyes when you saw her body, looking lifeless, lying on the cold hard ground.

"No no no no! This can't be happening! You need to be alive!"  You ran to her and hold her in your arms while crying. "Y-y/n? Did we win?" A sigh of relief escaped your mouth. "Yes love, we won. Muzan is dead" "oh good." For just a few seconds, their was silence. After a bit, Mitsuri finally spoked out "I don't feel any pain so, I guess I'm dying...." "I'm dying too so I'll be joining you. You won't be alone." You tried reassuring her. "No, don't die.... you need to stay alive!" she put her hand on your cheek. "I'm sorry I wasn't much use in the fight.... I'm sorry I failed to protect you..." "Kanroji, I will not allow you to say that. You did so good today. Like every single other day actually. You helped me go through the toughest of times. You were always here when I needed you. You were so affectionate and cuddly. You were always happy at the smallest thing. You would always those shining eyes whenever I would gift you something even if it was a single flower. You were perfect. You are perfect. And you didn't fail to protect me. It's quite the opposite actually. During this entire fight, I thought about if I kill these demons, if we get out alive, we will be able to be together longer. We will be able to have a future. Together." 

She started crying. She turned herself so she could be facing your chest. From then, she burried her face in it and sobbed. "Y/n... please... if we're reborn... and we're reborn as humans... can I be your bride?" "Of course love. I'll always agree to be your bride, Kanroji. I'm sorry I couldn't ask you to marry me sooner." The love pillar then cupped your face in her hands and kissed you. When she pulled away, right before they would go off to an eternal sleep, y/n spoked out "And this time Kanroji, when we'll be married, I promise I'll protect you better so you don't die." 

And that was y/n's last word. The last word she spoke and the last word Kanroji Mitsuri would ever heard. But they both left with a smile on their faces and with eachother's presence. It wasn't how the both girls wanted to die, but, as long as they died together, that's all that mattered.

Because, when they would be reborn, they would be eachother's bride. And will never let the other die.