143

(Trigger Warning ⚠️: Mention of suicide.)

I walked back outside after putting Liam back in his crib and I heard Negan shout.

"Hot digity dog! This place is magnificent! Sir, I see you'll have some pretty nice things to offer up." Negan said. I was closer to them now and I looked at Daryl.

"Daryl." Rick said.

"No." Negan said, stopping Rick from talking to him. "Nope. He's the help. You don't look at him, you don't talk to him, and I don't make you chop anything off." He said. Rick looked away and Negan smiled.

It was taking everything in me to not run over and hug Daryl because I know that would just make Negan angry and we don't want that. Negan then looked at me and saw that I was looking at Daryl. I was trying to my tears back.

"Same goes for everyone else, even you Maddie." He said, smirking. I looked down and blinked the tears away and took a deep breath. I then looked up and saw someone behind Rosita I never wanted to see ever again. The man looked at me and smirked, seeing me. Negan noticed and I looked away then walked away trying to get out of that mans sight.

I went back into the house and sat on the couch. I sighed and got lost in my thoughts. I never thought that in a million years, I would run into him again. I never wanted to see him again. But seeing him here, brought back so many memories both good and bad. I felt a stray tear fall from my right eye. Me and him was good together but what he did to me, made me hate him. When I was alone a day or two after it happened, I thought about ending my life but I started thinking about Daryl and Merle especially Daryl. My life is better now because I'm with everyone that I love and I married an amazing man and we have an amazing son together. I went upstairs and checked on Judith and Liam and I found them asleep.

I went back downstairs and walked outside and saw him walking this way. I quickly tried to walk away but I heard him shouting to me.

"Hey lady! Stop!" He shouted. I knew he most likely drew everyone's attention even Negans. I turned around and saw him walking towards me and behind him I saw Negan and Rick looking this way. He was soon in front of me and he stopped. "It's been years since I've seen you Maddie." He said.

"Please stay away from me." I said, wanting to back away from him but I know I shouldn't.

"Look Maddie. I regret what I did to you before." He said.

"Like I fucking believe that! It's been 16 fucking years David! What you did hurt me both emotionally and mentally! Do you know what I thought of doing?!" I asked, but I didn't give him enough time to respond. "I fucking thought of killing myself! But I didn't because I didn't want to leave Daryl and Merle! You made me not want to be with any other man but I found someone that treats me right and he has never hurt me! I was scared of every fucking man that talked to me! Whenever a man talked to me, I ran away from them because I was scared I was going to get hurt! The only man I wanted to be around was Daryl! But I found someone that's helped me out of my comfort zone and now I'm married to him!" I shouted.

"Please forgive me Maddie." He asked.

"I can't forgive you for what you fucking did! You're lucky I stopped Daryl from beating your ass! Because I'm a nice person! But you know what?! I should've let him because I know he wanted to for hurting his little sister! I said I wasn't fucking ready but did you fucking listen?! No! So you have no right to come talk to me and ask for forgiveness! You're not getting it!" I shouted, running into the house and went into the room with Judith and Liam and locking the door then sat on the floor and brought my knees to my chest and started crying.

Rick's POV:

While Maddie was yelling and she said his name was David. The man who raped Maddie when she was 15. I felt my anger rising and I wanted to go over there and beat the shit out of him.

"What the fuck was that about?" Negan asked. I don't know if Maddie wants him to know so I didn't tell him. "Maybe her brother will tell me. Is that right Daryl?" He asked.

"It has to come from her and she needs to be ready to talk about it." I said.

"It's that bad? Maybe I should go talk to her then." Negan said, walking towards the house she went into.

Maddie's POV:

I was now downstairs sitting on the couch with Liam on my lap. He was asleep with a smile on his face. I was still crying a bit from what happened. Seeing him again made that event come back. I thought I got rid of it but I didn't. I guess it's true that you can't get rid of memories even the ones that you want to forget. I heard the door open and I looked to see Negan walking inside without knocking.

"Hey there doll." He said. "What was that about earlier?" He asked.

"What was what about?" I asked, when Liam woke up and wanted to stand on my legs. I put my hands on his sides and helped him stay standing. He started bending his knees a bit bouncing up and down while giggling.

"What you and one of my men was talking about that made you shout." He said.

"It was just something from the past." I said, smiling at Liam.

"Like what?" He asked.

"I don't really want to talk about. I'm trying to forget it. But I knew him before the apocalypse." I said. Liam started babbling at me then jumped slightly and fell against me.

"Okay. I'm not going to push you doll." He said, sitting down on the coffee table in front of me. "Is that your son?" He asked. I don't know why he's asking all this questions for, when it has nothing to do with what he came here for.

"Yes he is." I said, when Liam stuck his little tongue out making me chuckle. "You silly little man." I said, making him giggle again.

"How old is he?" He asked.

"He's three months." I said. "Can I ask why you're asking all these questions? It sounds like I'm at a job interview." I said.

"I'm just curious about your life doll." He said. "But I'm being honest that you are smoking hot but I'm not going to try anything. Now I'm leaving to go check on my men." He said, leaving the house.

"What did you think of him Liam? Was he scary?" I asked Liam. He slightly nodded his head then giggled and threw himself at me.