mike stood at the door just staring at joyce and will.

"is this a new friend?" joyce eargerly asked.

will panicked, "no! no, he's not a friend. i-i don't know him."

joyce looked at will and then at mike, "are you the one tormenting my son? because if you-"

"-mom, stop! mike, why are you even here?"

"so you do know him-"

"-mom!"

will and joyce brought their attention back to mike. mike looked at them wide eyed and ran away.

"i will go after that boy!" joyce rushed towards the door, but will pulled her arm.

"mom, i don't even know who the kids are in the groupchat. they're not like sending anything bad."

"will, just show me the messages! if it's nothing, it won't hurt if i take a look."

will stomped one of his feet on the ground like a toddler, "it's nothing! just forget it!" will shouted.

joyce yanked will's phone out of his hands and shoved it in her purse, "just go back to class," joyce walked out of the room.

will sat on the floor at started crying.

what if she opens instagram and sees that i have a cuss word in my bio? come on, will, that's the least of your concerns right now.

-

the bell rang indicating that school was over. will and lucas were sitting on the floor in the bathroom that people rarely used.

"damnit, ms. johnson is gonna be so mad at me for not going back to class," lucas said.

"what's she gonna do? hunt you down? school's over for today."

"you okay now? i swear to god i will beat all of those idiots' heads in."

will giggled, "shut up, you're sounding like my mom."

"she took your phone, right?"

will sighed, "yeah."

"dude, what if she reads the texts i sent you? fuck, i'm screwed," lucas stood up, "i am fucking screwed!" lucas paced.

"calm down, she probably won't go through my entire phone."

"i mean it has a passcode on it, right?"

"she kinda um... knows my password," will whispered the last part.

"you've gotta be kidding me."

the bathroom door swings open. james and troy walk in.

"midnight alone in the bathroom with the fairy? were you guys like sucking each other's dicks or something?" troy laughed.

"imagine that!" james cackled and slapped his knee.

"um... that's a weird thing to be imagining," will said.

troy stopped laughing. "what the fuck did you just say?" he stepped towards will.

"i just said that's um a weird thing to be thinking about."

"are you tryna say i'm a faggot? i can assure you that i'm straight. i'm so straight... i've slept with like a dozen girls." james' heart sank when troy said he was straight.

"let's just go." lucas grabbed will arms and tried to walk past james and troy.

troy pushed lucas back causing him to fall along with will, "later, queers. come on. let's go." troy and james walked out.

lucas looked over at will, "you okay?"

"yeah, i'm fucking great, lucas," will rolled his eyes. shit, i did not mean for that to sound so harsh.

-

"and then i was like," dustin stopped himself when he saw max across the street. "holy fucking shit! oh my god. oh my god. oh my god!"

"what, dustin?" will and lucas asked in sync.

"it's max," dustin whispered loudly and pointed to max. max saw the trio and waved at them. dustin eagerly waved back with a big smile.

"chill with the smile. you're gonna freak her out," lucas sighs, "why are we hanging out with this nerd again?"

"you did not just call me a nerd. have you seen any nerds with these pearls?" dustin purred to show off his teeth.

"don't- don't do that ever again," lucas cringed.

"hey, idiots."

dustin screamed, "i thought you were- i thought you were across the- the-"

"i crossed the street," max gave dustin a confused look. max then looked over at will and lucas who just shrugged.

it got quiet after a few seconds as the four teenagers just stood there.

"uhh anyone up for some pizza? there's a good pizza place down the street." lucas said to stop the awkward silence.

will and max started to say that they didn't have enough money on them to buy pizza.

"i can pay for max! or i mean everyone too. yeah i- yeah i mean i can pay for everyone," dustin offered while staring at max.

max avoided eye contact with dustin, "uh okay. sounds good," max gave a weak smile.

"this pizza is so good," lucas moaned.

"stop talking with your mouth full!" max scolded lucas.

"yeah, yeah, yeah," lucas rolled his eyes.

"i need to go to the bathroom," will said quickly and ran to the bathroom.

"okay," max said.

"he drank like thirty glasses of water. don't judge him," lucas jokingly glared at max.

max returned the look.

"so, does anyone need a ride home or...?" dustin looked at max.

"nah, i can skate home."

"i'll ask will when he gets back," lucas said while eating.

"chew, swallow, then speak."

"shut up, max."

dustin looked between the two and felt a bit envious. he wanted max to joke with him too. dustin sighed.

will speed-walked back to the table and sat down next to dustin.

"hey, will. do you need a ride? dustin's offering rides."

will looked at lucas then at dustin. "shit, my mom still has my phone. yeah, i'll go with dustin."

"cool, i'm just gonna walk around," lucas uttered.

"how are you gonna get home? i can give you a ride, too." dustin said. he really just wanted to give max a ride home, but he also wanted to be polite to lucas and will.

"i'll just walk home," lucas said and chugged his coca-cola.

the waitress walked over and asked if they needed anything else.

"just the bill," dustin smiled, "thank you."

"be right back with the bill," the waitress beamed.

a couple at a nearby table was laughing. will and max looked over at them. will's heart dropped at what he saw.

max scoffed, "you have got to be shitting me."

A/N: uhh sorry if this chapter was boring 😀😀😀 anyways another cliffhanger 😱😱😱😱 yeah i suck at this sorry 😭😭😭