-2-

Demetri had never felt more dumbfounded in his life, and being the smart kid growing up, it wasn't a feeling he was used to nor liked. 

The boy was also feeling a sudden loneliness. Which was saying a lot when he grew up with only a handful of friends. 

Now staring down at his red solo cup of Mr pibb on the bank of a lake surrounded by partying teens, he was wondering what all went wrong.

Ever since Miguel and Eli joined Cobra kai, he felt left out. Eli even showed up today wearing a mohawk and a fake id, which demetri had no idea how he could get in less than 24 hours since he last saw him. Eli wasn't acting like the soft spoken insecure best friend he knew, insisting everyone call him hawk with a renewed sense of self confidence.

 Demetri thought it was fucking ridiculous, his best friend was already perfect. 

Sometimes he even envied the boy, whether that was over the fact Eli had the ability to shut up when all demetri did was run his mouth, or how eli always managed to look like someone actually from california with his honey skin and golden hair compared to the lanky pale boy. California was a state for beautiful people and eli fit right in, he would think. 

Now he hardly recognized his best friend. 

Demetri lifted his head breaking his train of thought to see his best friend, whos lips had been on his a little over a month ago, sucking face with a brunette.

 It was moon, he realized, the girl they'd talked about that day. no way she was falling for this shit, 48 hours ago the same girl had been mocking eli for his facial deformity. 

Demetri watched as someone called her name and she excused herself from hawk with one last kiss. Demetri sighed walking over to the log Eli sat on, he glanced at the boys cup, filled with beer compared to his which was just soda.

"So.. You shave your hair off, get a tattoo and just like that everything changes?" Demetri asked Eli skeptically. He was looking for any sign of regret from eli over kissing moon, but he didn't see any.

 A small part of his heart fractured upon the realization their unspoken kiss meant nothing to Eli, well, Hawk.

Suddenly Hawks hand clamped onto demetris shoulder, Making the boy almost wince at the sudden difference in strength

"It's not the fake ID or the back tattoo, it's a way of life. you just have to- live in the moment"

Demetri couldn't help but scoff at the ridiculous words spewing from his mouth. Suddenly, Hawk was called away and got up leaving demetri by himself on the sandy log. He sighed glancing around at the partying teens spotting Yazmin standing alone, arms crossed over her chest and her face scrunched into a pout. 

He realized this was his chance to speak to her, seeing none of her violent goons were present at the party. He exhaled shakily, wiping the sweat off his palms onto his jeans as he stood up making his way to her.

If Hawk could pull a girl out of his league and act like their kiss never happened, so could demetri. He was determined to make Eli jealous back.