-3-

Hawk drove home that night from the party in the van his mom had given him, his new found friend moon sitting in the passenger seat.  

his left hand rested on the steering wheel and his right on moons leg while she flipped through the radio stations before settling on a station playing little lies by fleetwood mac. It wasn't exactly the kind of the music he liked, but he tuned it out watching the street lights pass as he drove, ignoring the huge difference in the two. 

Hawk kpt finding his mind wandering back to demetri and not the beautiful girl sitting in the passenger seat next to him, he kept trying to distract himself and blamed it on the fact he was still a little tipsy. 

Soon enough he pulled up to Moons house and parked the car on her street, walking her to the doorstep like a true gentleman. 

"tonight was.. fun" Moon spoke first turning to him with her usual warm smile, whenever she smiled it made him get butterflies. 

"I had a good time. " he spoke. The two were quiet for a moment, she looked like she was expecting him to say something else.

"I uh, have a karate tournament soon, do you wanna come?" He suddenly asked scratching the back of his head and her smile brightened again 

"Of course!" She said happily

"Alright ill text you the details." He said glancing at his car and back to her 

"Goodnight, Moon" He said before awkwardly placing a kiss on her forehead, quickly walking back down the steps to his car

"Drive safe!" She called and went inside.

Hawk sat in the van before actually starting it, thinking about how weird kissing moon felt. Moon was a pretty girl, and it wasnt like she was a bad kisser, but it didnt feel.. right. he felt more kissing Demetri than he did moon.

Oh well, theyd only started hanging out tonight. feelings needed time to develop right?

-

Once Hawk arrived home, he dropped his keys on the counter, finding his mom sitting half asleep still in her hostess uniform on the couch. shed clearly worked a double shift, and hadn't got home much earlier than he had

"Eli- where have you been?!" She said when she heard his footsteps.

"A uh.. a party" he said suddenly filled with regret when he heard the disappointment in his mom's voice

"A party? with who?!"

"Cobra Kai, Mom"

"What the hell? you didn't even ask me!"

"You were at work-"

"That doesn't make it okay! have you been drinking?"

"What no of course not-" He started to lie

"Okay, lets see you walk in a straight line, Eli." 

Hawk sighed straightening his posture staring down at the floorboards, taking a few shaky steps.

It was a dead give away, His mother gasped

"And you drove home?Eli you should know better! You could have died! You could have killed someone!"

"I know but i needed to drive a girl home-" 

"Just stop talking! You're grounded. I don't even know who you are anymore Eli!"

He stared at his mother in disbelief. She hadn't even seemed to care he even mentioned a girl, just like she hadn't noticed he made other friends than demetri.

Eli scoffed and walked off to his room, slamming the door resulting in a pounding headache, thanks to the alcohol in his system.