Chapter 50

Night time

YU returned home to find Richard pacing back and forth outside the front door.

He turned to him questioningly,

"Richard ,  why aren’t you going inside?"

"Madam, you’re back." Upon seeing Yang Yuteng , Richard seemed to have seen his savior as his eyes lit up.

"What’s wrong?"

"The president’s mood isn’t too good today…"

"Why?" Yang Yuteng looked at Richard and understood he was afraid of getting in trouble with Sam, so he assured him,

"Don’t worry, speak, I will handle this matter carefully."

"It’s because of Lin Corp's statement. The higher-ups felt it wasn’t necessary to mention your name and boost your exposure; there was a disagreement," Richard explained,

"Of course, they weren’t brave enough to stop the president, but…"

YU’s heart sunk. He understood what Richard was trying to say,

"It’s ok, I will comfort him."

Even a small company like Wu had their power struggles, so of course, Lin Corp was no different.

Obviously, Sam's authority was being questioned and he was the one that ignited it.

After Richard left, YU calmed down and entered the villa. Upon seeing Sam standing by the study room window drinking wine, he gently approached him and reached out his arms to hug him from behind,

"President Lin, you appear to be upset."

"Did Richard say something?" Sam guessed. "It’s not a big deal; nothing to be upset about."

"To you, I am your wife, so it’s normal for you to be biased towards me. But, to the staff at Lin Corp, I am not related to you at all, so it’s expected that they would have their opinions," Yang Yuteng said gently.

"That’s not the main issue," Sam turned around and put down his wine glass as he wrapped YU in his embrace.

"Is it because someone wants to challenge your power?" Just the thought of this made YU hug Sam tighter,

"You’re well aware that there are so many people eyeing your position, how could you help me in such a high-profile way. Sam , I won’t allow you to do this again. This time, it has made you unhappy, but what about next time? This incident with Andy , I know you had it all figured. You had been waiting for this opportunity for a long time and the photo at the Bright Night Gala was it. But, it wasn’t necessary for you to prove my innocence in your statement; don’t do it again."

"Are you complaining that I was meddling in your business?" Sam's expression was slightly disappointed.

YU froze for a moment before grabbing hold of Sam’s hand and placing it atop his heart. He looked at him seriously as he spoke,

"It hurts here. Everyone knows you are like a king; you are beyond reach. But I know, behind you is an abyss waiting for you to fall into."

"I, Yang Yuteng, am not worthy. Even if I was to accept your help, it would be the day when everyone acknowledges my abilities."

"The entertainment industry is a dark place, I can’t just accept your protection as if I deserve it. While people are attacking you, I can’t just sit still. There’s nothing else I can do, can’t I at least protect your heart?"