Chapter 66

☆☆☆☆☆☆

Chairman...Lin Corp's lawyers are outside," Elder Yang's assistant said to him while he was deep in thought in the study room, "Do you want me to..."

"Let them in," Elder Yang waved his hand weakly.

"But..."

"This is karma," Elder Yang coughed a couple times. "If I had not spoilt Yangyang, perhaps things wouldn't have gotten out of hand like it has now."

"I obviously knew Yang Yuteng was innocent, yet I don't know why, when I saw Yangyang on the brink of committing suicide, I assumed Yuteng would understand my actions and endure it like he always did," Elder Yang mumbled. "It turned out, I had already hurt him enough."

"I am a horrible grandfather."

"Chairman..." his assistant helplessly tried to comfort him. However, he was well aware that the Yang Family had indeed gone too far this time. So, no comforting words managed to leave his mouth.

Although the Yang Family had a lot of descendants, in Elder Yang's eyes, the only one capable of taking over the family business was Yang Yuteng.

But, he had pushed Yuteng away with his own bare hands. What was the Yang Family to do from now on?

Was the century-old  empire going to end with him?

A while later, Elder Yang entered the livinY room and saw Lin Corp's lawyers sitting on the sofa, "What does President Lin want? Let's get straight to the point and not waste any time..."

"Mr. Yang, it is very simple: apologize. There is no need for compensation, the Lin Family can get whatever they want, they don't need money," the lawyer replied without hesitation.

"We are all straightforward people. On this occasion, we are here on behalf of President Lin to let you know that there were some things that didn't need to get to this point, but the Yang Family has indeed gone too far and seriously hurt Mrs. Lin with their actions. In order to protect his wife, Sam Lin has requested the Yang Family make an apology."

"How did you want us to apologize?" Elder Yang asked.

"It depends on Mr. Yang's sincerity."

"You can go now. I have understood President Lin's intention..." Elder Yang said as he picked up his walking stick. "I will do as he pleases."

"Since that's the case, then goodbye."

After speaking, the lawyers stood up to leave. Once they were gone, Elder Yang stared at the old painting in the middle of the living room and said to his assistant, "Help me make arrangements for an official apology to Yuteng."

"Chairman..."

"As his grandfather, I was the one that was wrong. Don't you think I should apologize to my grandson?" Elder Yang tapped his walking stick on floor as his heart ached, "Yuteng is my grandson, my dearest grandson, yet now...he's..."

"It seems Young Master Yuteng was seriously hurt this time," Elder Yang's assistant sighed.

"I'm well aware...Plus, I know that the future of the Yang Family is quite worrying." After speaking, Elder Yang clutched his chest and twitched uncontrollably. A couple seconds later, he collapsed unconscious on the floor...

His assistant was so shocked he immediately sent Elder Yang to the hospital...

As soon as Yangyang and the other members of the Yang Family heard of Elder Yang's condition, they immediately rushed to the emergency room of the hospital. After spotting Elder Yang's assistant, they ran up to him and asked, "What happened? Why did grandfather suddenly collapse?"