6. Road to Hostet, The Land of Goners

It was a time when we got to know each other for almost a year. The day was beautiful, the sun was shining, and it was so hot. I felt like the water in my body was just boiling. I hated it. It's one of my worst weaknesses. Also, it was the last day of our summer break. We went to the beach in our swimsuits. We took some boards and ropes to build a raft. We were happy, enjoying the time by ourselves. When we finally did it, we put it into the water, and Ame, Ina, Kiara, and Calli jumped on it. It was midday then, so it was even hotter. I told them I'd push our raft while swimming. At least my tail was really helpful, and the water in the sea wasn't too hot. We were talking, joking, and laughing most of the time. After a few hours, something weird happened. Kiara suddenly stopped talking, and then I stopped swimming and stopped the raft. She stood up and spread her hands to the sides as she does when she wants to fly. She swung her hands, and fire blazed, and then she was flying. We didn't know what was going on at all. She started flying around us above the water and didn't say any words to us. We were so confused until she gave us a few fire shots at the same time. Fortunately, each shot missed. The water got even hotter. I thought I started to boil there. Ina didn't have her magic book, so her magic skills weren't that effective. Also, my use of water was lower because I left my trident on the beach. I felt so uncomfortable because of the hot water and weather. We didn't want to fight each other. Calli started screaming, and I was doing my best to lead us safely to the seashore. Ame was shooting at every firebolt, and Ina made a magic barrier around us to keep us safe. Hours went by quickly. It was evening when we got to the sand. We left the sea, and I was about to grab my trident, but I couldn't find it, so I was nearly useless in the fight. Calli was still screaming, and Kiara was just shooting faster. Ame was so exhausted, and her shots were even slower. I didn't feel good either. My body hurt because I was in hot water for a long time. I saw Ame got hit by a firebolt. I was mad, my heart was racing, and I thought if I was stronger then, it would go differently. I put a lot of effort to imagine a water barrier around Amelia, and then I created it using the water from the sea so Kiara couldn't hit her again. I was a little lucky I did it because I couldn't use my powers properly without my trident before. Ina and Calli were super angry too. Ina's tentacles came out and caught Kiara, and then Calli jumped to her and swung her scythe. Blood splashed around the beach, a lot of blood, but then an explosion appeared. Both girls hit the ground, one died from the jerk of the scythe, and another one died from the massive explosion. We were so devastated, never expected we could die, but it actually happened. We were crying for a while, and then our instructors appeared. One of them had my trident in his hand. I was furious. I wanted their blood. Not only I wanted to do that. We all wanted to. We knew they were unpredictable, but who would expect they'd kill us? I straightened my index and middle fingers and swung my hand immediately. The water from the sea shot out at them like a missile, but I was too tired. I couldn't do anything. They overpowered me within a second. One old person got closer to our friends' bodies. He did something, and then they took them with them. One of them stood with us for a bit longer. He told us something, like, it was a test, then he disappeared, too. We were angry, sad, mad, and tired. Who in the world took someone's mind control just to test his students?

It was afternoon, we were eating lunch with Ina, in the town she took us to. As we expected, she asked how we found her. I explained to her how we did it. She was a little shocked. She never heard about something like that. She asked, 'So, what will we do next? Have you any idea?'
'Maybe... a little... We're going for Calli and Kiara, and then we'll attack Ognfire,' I said.
'Are you crazy? Ognfire? Attack? It's impossible! There are too many demons!'
'Nothing would stop us if we'll stand together. As said during our training,' Ame declared. We moved our chairs closer to the table that we were sitting at.
'Okay, but have you thought about how to meet Calli? In Hostet almost every soul will attack us!' she babbled.
'They won't. I know they're ghosts, and I can't smell them nor attack them, but I know you can use your magic and create a barrier, and then they wouldn't even know we're there,' Ame insisted.
'You're our only hope, Ina,' I spoke, and her face blushed a little.
'Okay, I'll try... but know one thing - I don't know if that will even work. Always be prepared for the battle,' she commanded.
'I knew you would agree with us!' I exclaimed with joy, so lots of people stared at me. My face turned red.
'Ahh, Gura... try to stay calm,' Ame murmured and winked at me.
'Let's eat guys!' I gushed and started to eat.
'And have a good rest later. We'll go tomorrow,' Ina announced, then we ate, prepared for our journey, and went to our rooms at the inn. Ina was alone in the room. I was in the room with Ame. We talked a little in private, and then we went to sleep early.