Part Nine.

Water dripped on the paper that was spread out on June's bed, falling from her wet hair after her bath. Her scribbles were frantic and all over the place, writing down all the ideas of when and where she could go. She wrote a list of items she would need to take with her. Minimal, but useful.

- Toothbrush
-Toothpaste
- Hair brush
- Clean underwear
- 3 x Dresses
- 2 x pair of shoes (this includes the pair I wear to leave)
- Teddy
-Book
- Map
- Money

She didn't feel like there was much else she would want to take. June considered all options on where she could go. Could ask Finn to shelter her at theirs until everything calms down? She thought how she has an Aunt, her dad's sister, who they never talk too. Her dad is bound to have her address in his desk somewhere. The only thing June really needed to worry about was - money, and not getting caught when she leaves.

Her heart raced as time went on, waiting for Finn to come and throw a pebble at her window. She pondered over whether she should tell him. She had too? He was her best friend? She taps her fingers on the pieces of paper, making sure all of the details were correct. Her head shot up at the sound of the pebble hitting glass. June swallowed hard, before getting up and lifting the window from the latch.

"Hey..-" Finn stops mid greeting, squinting to look at June's face. "You better be fucking kidding" he spits, his fists clenched. He stares at her black eye and cut lip. June swore she could see a tear falling down his cheek. His eyes burned into hers, he was clearly hurt at the sight of her. "He's dead" he breathes heavily, opening and closing his fists.

"No...." June says, wrapping her arms around her self from the cold.

"What do you mean no?" Finn asks, eyes eyebrows raised. June takes in a breath. She knew she needed to tell Finn her plan. It was now or never.

"I'm leaving" she says quickly, hoping he didn't hear. Finn takes a step back.

"What?" He asks, intrigued but shocked.

"I'm leaving. Alone. I've got a plan that will be in action tomorrow" she says, taking a step back to see if she could hear anyone moving around the house. "I'm going to take some money from my dad, pack my things, and find my aunt's address. I'll head there by train tomorrow" she smiles, happy with her final plan.

"June that's crazy" Finn shakes his head in disbelief. "You can't leave"

"I am. I can't stay here anymore. I need to get away" She says, ensuring he knew it was her final decision.

"I'll come with you" she steps forward, his head bent upwards to look at June fully.

"No.... you're brothers need you Finn" June sighs, wishing more than anything that he could come with her. "There is something you can do though....." she smiles. Finn perks up, listening with all his might about how he can help June be rid of this place.